Hasbro Grogu in carbonite

For matte you have to do very light coats of fog just let it fall on the item dont spray directly. Looks like you hosed him down but maybe the plastic just reacted funny to the paint?

Anyway hilarious project I really dig it! Gotta find yourself some Volvo guage clusters!
Thank you for the tip.. I did spray a light coat.. But it was directly at him.. It was crazy glossy.. Despite the can saying matte..

Thank you for the tip.. I did spray a light coat.. But it was directly at him.. It was crazy glossy.. Despite the can saying matte..
I highly recommend this stuff. I have looked and tried so many "matte" paints and found that all but this one deliver at the least a satin finish and at worst, semi-gloss.
JPEG_20201221_201951_2696778068665596171.jpg

A quick little xmas present I made for the wifes nephew. Yes I know thats a Yoda quote with a baby Yoda... But a plaque with "goo goo gaga" on it didnt seem as good

Attachments

• 1221201843b.jpg
    1221201843b.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 84
  • 1221201843d.jpg
    1221201843d.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78
That’s from the deleted scenes when Mando got tired of taking back the lever cap from him and when mando couldn’t get him to stop eating his passengers eggs

In other words, this was his time out chair

Im afraid ive not had much time recently to progress this little project.. But finally made the surround for him today from Oak

Ive been collecting LEDs etc..

It wont be 100% Solo screen accurate.. But will hopefully make him look good

Had some pretty intense surgery in my ankle.. Six weeks in bed.. So project is really come to a halt..

But where im currently at.. 2 of the side panels made and geeeblies added.. Left panel in video will get white perspex window with green flashing LED behind.. And a red digital LED display..

Obviously at the end the front panel (grogu) will get all smoothed into the side frame.. And the wood grain on the side frame will be smoothed out

Attachments

• 0302211241.mp4
    34.7 MB
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back