Hasbro Ghostbusters Plasma Series Prop Replicas

Looking forward to seeing what mods people are going to do on these. The first two that jump out as necessary are the molded tape section and the plastic wood.

From the videos I've seen, it is unclear what is under the moulded tape - it sounds like the grip shapes are part of the moulded tape.
The plastic wood is moulded in one part along with the rest of the front section. So cutting off that wood grip means you'd have to rebuild or replace a good chunk of plastic.

No doubt people will make their own solutions to these problems.

Hasbro Spengler's Neutrona Wand: Answering YOUR questions + first look at the inside!

Has anyone gotten one in hand yet? Mine hasn't arrived but I've been seeing posts on social media with people showing theirs off.

From the videos I've seen, it is unclear what is under the moulded tape - it sounds like the grip shapes are part of the moulded tape.
The plastic wood is moulded in one part along with the rest of the front section. So cutting off that wood grip means you'd have to rebuild or replace a good chunk of plastic.

No doubt people will make their own solutions to these problems.

Hasbro Spengler's Neutrona Wand: Answering YOUR questions + first look at the inside!
I believe there's just a gap underneath the moulded tape, sadly.
Although someone has already made an insert to fill it. It's on Thingiverse... Spengler wand rear grip "gap filler" by ZanderYurami
Someone else has already 'retro-fitted' the wand to be more accurate to the original movie by replacing both the barrel and the grip. I haven't gone that far as yet. :) I have removed the factory silver paint 'wear and tear' though, and re-weathered the wand, which improves the look quite a bit (though for a mass-produced item it's already pretty amazing, I think!). I'm planning on swapping out the 'mode' switch at the end of the barrel for a real one at some point, and maybe dremeling out the vent slots.
wand1.jpg wand2.jpg wand3.jpg

Mine came from Big Bad Toy Store last week, I love it! There is supposed to be some announcement this weekend about what’s next from Hasbro for Afterlife on the Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel. Maybe the next prop replica?

Last edited:
Mine came from Big Bad Toy Store last week, I love it! There is supposed to be some announcement this weekend about what’s next from Hasbro for Afterlife on the Hasbro Pulse YouTube channel. Maybe the next prop replica?

Yup saw that as well! Hasbro is doing "Pulse Con" on YouTube on Fri & Sat. Saturday's panel will include:

Part 3: Ghostbusters Afterlife

Panelists: Jason Reitman, Hasbro Ghostbusters Brand Team

We’ll end our celebration with a nod to the future… the new Ghostbusters Afterlife feature film, coming to theatres in March 2021. Academy Award-nominated, Golden Globe-winning filmmaker Jason Reitman, director of Ghostbusters Afterlife, will take you on a tour of the Ecto-1 that was used in the new film. He’ll end his tour with an exciting reveal! You’ll then hear from the Hasbro team about the next toy inspired by the Ghostbusters Afterlife film to hit shelves!

Someone earlier in this thread predicted a ghost trap *fingers crossed*

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back