Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

Laspector

Master Member
Being in the 501st for about 10 years now I've owned a few Stormtrooper helmets. I've never had anything that has some kind of nose brace/thingy. Why does this one have that? What's the point?
 

karmajay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Being in the 501st for about 10 years now I've owned a few Stormtrooper helmets. I've never had anything that has some kind of nose brace/thingy. Why does this one have that? What's the point?

It is part of the structure to hold the mic in place. I think for what you have you use non- integrated mic and speaker set. :)
 

Edraven99

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For those of you that have the helmet, I've been thinking about maybe adding an interior kit ala the MR hero helmet... but is there enough room and still have it be wearable?
 

karmajay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For those of you that have the helmet, I've been thinking about maybe adding an interior kit ala the MR hero helmet... but is there enough room and still have it be wearable?

I'm not sure what th einterior kit is (is that what Kevein926 is doing in his thread?) but the helmet is mostly empty space. It has a rubber strap at the very top for smaller heads and then the front assembly for the nose and mic that I think can be removed.
 

Edraven99

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Last edited by a moderator:

reelprops

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This TRU by me has 4 that hasn't moved.

07ad5ee73f8a47df7738d2997e2c4d49.jpg

1c078e2fe0d88b0d2c0b3a642f8e5c0d.jpg



Reel
 

StephenMG

Active Member
Having got over the initial 'fun' of having this helmet I've now taken mine apart to fettle it a bit. I've smoothed the edges on the locating lugs a touch to make it easier to get apart again. Once I've finished the internal tinkering I'll probably glue the back and front parts together and fill the gaps around the 'ears'. I may leave the crown removable though as it fits fairly well and will make future maintenance easier.

The voice changer is pointless so I've removed the mic and the bit that holds it in and the horrible rubber nose piece. I've also ditched the internal straps and will be padding mine so that it sits on my head snugly and in the right position. Experimenting with the position I find that the boxy plastic piece between the eyes is touching the bridge of my nose so I will probably cut the corner off it and pad that too. I've also ordered some material to make new lenses as mine are, optically speaking, not good and not pleasant to look through.

Should be fun!
 

Inquisitor Peregrinus

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Have my Shadow Trooper helmet now. I like it muchly. Only one unpleasant surprise, several pleasant surprises, and everything else I expected, so, overall, I'll call it better than I expected and not as good as I'd hoped. *heh*

The double-shot injection molding seems to have only been done on the faceplate, so yay. I'll leave the chin grille as is. I knew the neck opening I'd be wanting to extend to more ANH-Stunt return, and the rubber trim fused to the plastic is annoying. I'll have to grind carefully.

I'm curious to see the traps and tears have the central gray bit raised slightly compared to the narrow black surround. I can work with that. Only changed up my plans a little.

Quite happy to see the earpieces are separate, as is the rear arc of the neck trim.

Need to measure the eyeholes as compared to my MR CE and TE2. They seem... squintier. I may need to carefully open them up slightly. But if the shape is right, I'll just see if a set of bubble lenses done for the MR CE will fit. I also intend to keep the mirror material (and maybe the more solid green piece that backed it) from the helmet as it came, to further prevent eyes being seen.

I've kept the crown insert, the brow band, and the faceplate side-tube latch inserts. They're all going to get cut down to the minimum needed to line up the latches (and thus the pieces). Everything else got chucked in the bin (not the battery cover, obviously).

The tube stripes and aerator shrouds are going to be some of the fiddliest things I have to mess with, followed by the earcaps. I could just fill in the tube indents, but I actually wanted to preserve the cut-out thing for this particular helmet. So they need to be filled, re-marked, and carefully re-cut. Joy. Mounting correct aerators -- opened to allow airflow -- I'm hoping will end up being simpler than I think at this point of first examination.

I'll check back -- hopefully with a few pictures -- after an afternoon working in the garage.

--Jonah
 
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Top