Hasbro Black Series Enfys Nest Swoop Bike 1/12 Repaint

korben44

Master Member
Solo: A Star Wars Story is a very beautiful film, apart from it being one of my favorite in the series. The artwork is really astonishing and I found myself immediately drawn to the Enfys Nest. My eyes were drawn to the amazing wardrobes the Cloud Riders were wearing as well as the swoop bikes.

So, when I found the Black Series Star Wars 1/12 scale Enfys Nest Swoop Bike for under $30 on Amazon, I had to pick it up. I'm actually in the process of scratch building one of the other swoop bikes, but wanted this one as a guide for size and overall construction.

I've already started the breakdown and clean-up of the bike. Enfys will be done after I finish this. Anyway, here's where I'm at:

20190121_213814092_iOS.jpg 20190121_213833379_iOS.jpg 20190121_213839498_iOS.jpg 20190121_213850229_iOS.jpg 20190121_214144511_iOS.jpg20190121_231946847_iOS.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you tackle this one.

I recently picked up the Black Series 1/12 Dewback / Sandtrooper for $30 on Amazon as well. Must be some kind of clearance sale. I figured it would go good with the Bandai stuff once I fill in the joints on the dewback and possibly replace some of the rubbery saddlebag and staff stuff with better detailed things

Interesting project. Ive been seen your images and I would like to propose some advice that will help your images pop even more. You are using what it seems to be a self made softbox to show your work with diffuse lighting that really helps showing details. The problem is the sharp lines in the background that are very distracting and takes attention away from your subject. Consider getting some white cloth to effectively cover and make the transition between the surfaces in the background a seamless one.

Here is an example of what Im talking about. I like to collect watches and keep record of them through photography:

46276986492_1d80103235_b.jpg
269A2790 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

That simple change to your setup will make a world of difference showcasing your nice work on these models and figures.

Keep it up!

Looking forward to seeing you tackle this one.

I recently picked up the Black Series 1/12 Dewback / Sandtrooper for $30 on Amazon as well. Must be some kind of clearance sale. I figured it would go good with the Bandai stuff once I fill in the joints on the dewback and possibly replace some of the rubbery saddlebag and staff stuff with better detailed things

I might have to keep my eye out for that one! This one was 'damaged' or returned...lol...Which, honestly, doesn't matter at all for modelers...

Interesting project. Ive been seen your images and I would like to propose some advice that will help your images pop even more. You are using what it seems to be a self made softbox to show your work with diffuse lighting that really helps showing details. The problem is the sharp lines in the background that are very distracting and takes attention away from your subject. Consider getting some white cloth to effectively cover and make the transition between the surfaces in the background a seamless one.

Here is an example of what Im talking about. I like to collect watches and keep record of them through photography:

View attachment 980126269A2790 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

That simple change to your setup will make a world of difference showcasing your nice work on these models and figures.

Keep it up!

Thanks for the advice, Scarecrow Joe! I've been meaning to add that to my background, but have been lazy as of late. I'll definitely do that this weekend, when I get my car fixed and am able to drive...lol...:(

Here's where I'm at so far:

20190122_025952036_iOS.jpg

I used my Mr. Surfacer 1500 Black as a primer, of course. Then followed that with some antique gold Rub n Buff on the olive-ish parts... On top of that I used a mist of deck tan and I'm pretty happy with the color. I am pleasantly surprised by the detail of this toy. Not much is really needed to make it pop, other than a proper paint and weathering job.

At first the swoop bike looked a little big for the figure, but I just looked through some screen caps and it looks reasonably close. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Solo was awesome. I hope more people give it a chance now that it's on Netflix.

At first the swoop bike looked a little big for the figure, but I just looked through some screen caps and it looks reasonably close. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Solo was awesome. I hope more people give it a chance now that it's on Netflix.

Yeah, I was happy with the size of the swoop bike and the Enfys figure. Toy manufacturers have come a long way...lol...

I might have to keep my eye out for that one! This one was 'damaged' or returned...lol...Which, honestly, doesn't matter at all for modelers...

Now that you mention it, my box had some crush damage. Must be why it was more than half off with free shipping

Nothing inside was messed up but I remember thinking a collector would not want a box like this.

Of course I could care less as I was going to be destroying what, if any, collectors resale value it would have had anyway by modding the figures :lol:

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back