Hasbro 75th Captain America Shield - Knock-offs

romanomagic

Hey guys!

I'm interesting in buying the 75th anniversary shield from Hasbro from someone on ebay. If a buy one from someone in the states, how can I be sure I'm not repurchasing a Chinese Knock-off?

Thanks for replying!

J

As far as I can tell the Chinese reproductions are almost completely identical including the packaging.

I watched this video of the Chinese one and the only thing that looks a little different is the leather material of the straps. On my original75th anniversary the straps have more of a pebbled leather look.

Even the copyright info on one of the straps is the same, including the year.

You could probably find the Chinese ones cheaper than what the official one goes for. Both are mass produced in a Chinese factory anyway.

I'd ask the seller when they bought it and from where. Proof if possible. The Chinese ones only started popping up last year or this year.

Its the same as the sideshow T2 heads all from China on the Bay they are the same (Identical) but they remove the sideshow identification underneath the busts or leave the undersides unfinished.

As far as I can tell the Chinese reproductions are almost completely identical including the packaging.

I watched this video of the Chinese one and the only thing that looks a little different is the leather material of the straps. On my original75th anniversary the straps have more of a pebbled leather look.

Even the copyright info on one of the straps is the same, including the year.

You could probably find the Chinese ones cheaper than what the official one goes for. Both are mass produced in a Chinese factory anyway.

I'd ask the seller when they bought it and from where. Proof if possible. The Chinese ones only started popping up last year or this year.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I appreciate it!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back