Hasbro 1:1 Scale Jawa Sandcrawler

FrankDWC

Hey Everyone, My first ever post, Sharing my FIRST Custom Build for 2012, I'm attacking the Star Wars Jawa Sandcrawler, Scaled 1:1 to the Hasbro Action Figures.

I'm first starting with maquette in cardboard to find the correct shapes, from this I will make blueprints and then foamcore detailed model will follow. I will share making of pics here.

Looks awesome, great work so far. Looking forward to seeing this get past the cardboard stage.......Do I spy a Jabba Sail Barge in the background too!!!!!

Aww darn!!!

I got rather over excited when I read 1:1 and was expecting pics of cranes and welders putting together a huge lifesize crawler!! LOL

Still, looks really nice so far, there's some complex angles at work in that bad boy!
Looking forward to future updates. :)

Yeah, that's what I was expecting to... :)
Looks great so far! :thumbsup Love to see progress!

Aww darn!!!

I got rather over excited when I read 1:1 and was expecting pics of cranes and welders putting together a huge lifesize crawler!! LOL

Still, looks really nice so far, there's some complex angles at work in that bad boy!
Looking forward to future updates. :)

Wow, that's 1:1 scale for figures?? I still would have thought it would have been much much bigger, but it looks right in line in that last picture. This is going to be fun to watch, good luck!

Looks awesome, great work so far. Looking forward to seeing this get past the cardboard stage.......Do I spy a Jabba Sail Barge in the background too!!!!!
there is Indeed a Sail Barge, that was the front 1/4th done several years ago for my Sarlaac pit diorama. I will be returning to the barge After the sandcrawler, as we will be building that ship as well in Orlando this summer.

Here's where I'm at this weekend, Tread templates done and designed the base support beams. Almost done with the maquette, Should start blueprint measurements this weekend.

How did this go ?

My son wants me to build him a Sandcrawler to use with his Star Wars lego. I'm think of making it out of wood. Is there any templates available?

Thanx, Niko.

Well, lets see, he has not posted since March of 2012. He last posted in this very thread the day after he joined in Jan of 2012. So, yeah, I wouldn't expect any updates!:D

I've got to admit, I'm already impressed with your initial planning and can't wait to see the end result. I wonder what the scale of the model that was used in the film is, because you've got to be at least pretty close to it. :D

Regarding the scaleI would think this thing would end up being 2 to 3 times larger than the ILM model since it was being made for the Hasbro action figures. Regarding this thread I would read Post #16 which pretty much says it all.

I've got to admit, I'm already impressed with your initial planning and can't wait to see the end result. I wonder what the scale of the model that was used in the film is, because you've got to be at least pretty close to it. :D

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back