Hasbro 1:1 Scale Jawa Sandcrawler

Discussion in 'General Modeling' started by FrankDWC, Jan 27, 2012.

1. FrankDWC

FrankDWC New Member

Hey Everyone, My first ever post, Sharing my FIRST Custom Build for 2012, I'm attacking the Star Wars Jawa Sandcrawler, Scaled 1:1 to the Hasbro Action Figures.

I'm first starting with maquette in cardboard to find the correct shapes, from this I will make blueprints and then foamcore detailed model will follow. I will share making of pics here.

CB2001 and DavidKSnod40 like this.
  2. doomseeker

doomseeker New Member

Looks awesome, great work so far. Looking forward to seeing this get past the cardboard stage.......Do I spy a Jabba Sail Barge in the background too!!!!!

3. El Visitor

El Visitor Member

Aww darn!!!

I got rather over excited when I read 1:1 and was expecting pics of cranes and welders putting together a huge lifesize crawler!! LOL

Still, looks really nice so far, there's some complex angles at work in that bad boy!
    Looking forward to future updates. :)

4. tek2graphics

tek2graphics Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I was expecting to... :)
    Looks great so far! :thumbsup Love to see progress!

5. DS Operative

DS Operative Well-Known Member

Wow, that's 1:1 scale for figures?? I still would have thought it would have been much much bigger, but it looks right in line in that last picture. This is going to be fun to watch, good luck!

6. youngwm

youngwm Active Member

Looks great!! I am curious as to how or what you will make the treads out of. Can't wait to see more of this..

7. FrankDWC

FrankDWC New Member

there is Indeed a Sail Barge, that was the front 1/4th done several years ago for my Sarlaac pit diorama. I will be returning to the barge After the sandcrawler, as we will be building that ship as well in Orlando this summer.

8. FrankDWC

FrankDWC New Member

Here's where I'm at this weekend, Tread templates done and designed the base support beams. Almost done with the maquette, Should start blueprint measurements this weekend.

9. Toxx

Toxx Well-Known Member

Utini ! :D

10. cavx

cavx Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

WOW! In case I missed it, can you place a Hasbro figure next to the track?

11. Junk Pilot

Junk Pilot Sr Member

A Jawa figure can be seen in the last image of post #8. It's that small it's easily overlooked.

12. Bountyhunter Niko

Bountyhunter Niko Well-Known Member

How did this go ?

My son wants me to build him a Sandcrawler to use with his Star Wars lego. I'm think of making it out of wood. Is there any templates available?

Thanx, Niko.

13. Junk Pilot

Junk Pilot Sr Member

What??? No updates?

14. DavidKSnod40

DavidKSnod40 New Member

Any of those templates available? I'd love to build one myself and it would be alot easier with those templates!

15. Sourdoh

Sourdoh Sr Member

Oh no. Not another thread dropped by the initiator due to already getting all the Kudos they need for their ego ...

16. Robiwon

Robiwon Master Member Gone but not forgotten.

Well, lets see, he has not posted since March of 2012. He last posted in this very thread the day after he joined in Jan of 2012. So, yeah, I wouldn't expect any updates!:D

17. Junk Pilot

Junk Pilot Sr Member

...which is bit of a shame because this had the makings of something awesome.

18. Robiwon

Robiwon Master Member Gone but not forgotten.

Agreed. Even as a 1/1 maquette it was going to be nice...

19. CB2001

CB2001 Master Member

I've got to admit, I'm already impressed with your initial planning and can't wait to see the end result. I wonder what the scale of the model that was used in the film is, because you've got to be at least pretty close to it. :D

20. Junk Pilot

Junk Pilot Sr Member

Regarding the scaleI would think this thing would end up being 2 to 3 times larger than the ILM model since it was being made for the Hasbro action figures. Regarding this thread I would read Post #16 which pretty much says it all.

21. DaddyfromNaboo

DaddyfromNaboo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

He has a website and fb page where he showcases his projects.