Hasaki DL-44 build

Hasaki

Long time lurker, first time poster. Looking for suggestions. As the title suggests, I am looking to build a DL-44. This will not be a Han Solo blaster but a TIE pilot sidearm. That gives me a little wiggle room in putting it together. First things first. Looking for suggestions for the Mauser C96. Don't want 3D printed nor all plastic. TIA

Hey there, well it mostly depends on your budget. you can get a denix replica for 50$ or a Field Marshall steel replica for 500$.
tell us more ;)

Hey there, well it mostly depends on your budget. you can get a denix replica for 50$ or a Field Marshall steel replica for 500$.
tell us more ;)

I'd like to keep it under $150. I can go up to $200 but that would delay buying the rest of the stuff I would need. Doesn't have to be an exact replica as I'm not going for the Han Solo look. A combo of plastic/metal is fine, I just don't want all plastic. I would like it to have some heft. Would like to "feel" realistic.

Hope this is a bit more helpful.

well the best I can recommend in those prices is to get a denix replica and then you can check out Field Marshall shop for parts on ebay or his website there:

good luck for your build :)

Do also check out the Merr Sonn Power 5 blaster. It and the Merr-Sonn "Model 44" are more associated with Imperials than the DL-44 is.
The blasters in the movie (movies?) were cast in resin from the same Mauser gun with many of the same bits on it as Han Solo's blaster. The only significant difference from the DL-44 variants is that it does not have a scope.
A scope would weight down the side of the blaster, making it more difficult to hold straight.

Inexpensive metal flash hider with integrated "bull barrel": 12$ all metal flash hider!! . A "bull barrel" adaptor would go over the existing barrel, which you much have to file a bit narrower to make it fit properly.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back