Has anyone offered chess pieces from the Falcon?

Funky

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There are excellent pics of some of them in the chronicles and I'm quite surprised no one has sculpted and offered these yet. I'd certainly be in for a set. Any info out there?

Last edited:
Ronculus did one but I don't believe he got to the others.

I know of someone who's sculpted a few but has made them as one off's and shipped them off w/o molding them.

I agree it would be cool to get an accurate set of these. Some very interesting and unique monsters in there.
Tom

Table itself would be way cool too. It comes up as a dream project every year or so, but I don't believe anyone has truly "done" it...

Make the pices and the table will soon follow. I think this is one of the rare prob projects from ANH that have yet to be done.

I have to say I'm surprised there don't seem to have been any more attempts at this. Is a couple of one off's really it?

Then again, this is pretty involved project. There are no found parts to be used. There is nothing to do but sit down and sculpt them, and there are 8 different monsters to sculpt. Some of them don't look like easy sculpts either. I'm affraid if the project was done it would be outside my price range. This is going to take a great deal of time and talent, and that usually demands a high price (and deservedly so).

A friend of mine made a couple of nice sets for a party we had. pieces & the tables.. they ended up being raffled off.. I'll see if I can find the pics..
Jayn

Originally posted by Funky Jedi@Feb 8 2006, 06:30 AM
Make the pices and the table will soon follow.  I think this is one of the rare prob projects from ANH that have yet to be done.
[snapback]1178695[/snapback]​

we've done that...
facts2005008kopie7bg.jpg

and those chesspieces would look good on it

Originally posted by darth buffalo+Feb 8 2006, 08:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darth buffalo @ Feb 8 2006, 08:23 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Funky Jedi
@Feb 8 2006, 06:30 AM
Make the pices and the table will soon follow.  I think this is one of the rare prob projects from ANH that have yet to be done.
[snapback]1178695[/snapback]​

we've done that...
facts2005008kopie7bg.jpg

and those chesspieces would look good on it
[snapback]1178781[/snapback]​
[/b]

Just out of interest does anyone have any photographs of the original chess table?

I have seen it and it looked in pretty beat up condition and was very rough in construction close up (respectable condition for it's age) just couldn't get a photograph at the time. Most of the parts used in construction looked like stuff that was already available and just stuck on.

For anyone that doesn't know it is located in a glass case when you go into the main building of 'The Great Movie Ride' in Disney-MGM Studios theme park Florida. You walk past it whilst still queueing up to get on the ride. I saw it last year so hope it is still there.

If anyone does make pieces for the chess table put me down as seriously interested.

Cheers Chris.

Originally posted by NEKROFANATIC@Feb 8 2006, 11:33 AM
Anyone have any screen caps or pics of the figurines?
[snapback]1178917[/snapback]​

I know afew of the creatures were level bosses in the SNES versions of the trilogy

Originally posted by allosaur176@Feb 8 2006, 09:32 AM
then all we'd need is the instructions on how to play.........
[snapback]1178913[/snapback]​
Here is a link to a site that has a board, figures (not very good looking), and rules. Since I can't link directly to the page, you have to select "Dejarik Rules" on the left side middle.

Dejarik rules

and here is a site that has pictures of the actual figures

Dejarik figures

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back