Has anyone offered chess pieces from the Falcon?

There are some excellent pictures in the Star Wars Chronicles book, pages 98-101. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner

The chess table is at Disney MGM in Orlando at the entrance to the Great Movie Ride.

I have a pic at home but it's not a very good picture...

thanks for posting those huge shots.

There are some good shots in the photo gallery of the Laser Disc trilogy as well. Can anyone grab them? Shots of Tippet animating and such IIRC

Tom

I would love a set of these.

Tinted clear resin would be sweet. Impossible, I know... but damn, would that be sweet.

-Fred

A friend of mine has this full-size set. (He also has the other chess pieces/monsters that are not pictured here.)

The Wook

zchess1.jpg

wow
those are great shots ...

The #8 body slamming #3 would be a good combo,
I think Ill tackle those 2 and see how they turn out :)

Would anyone have a height guess on #8 ???

B

Originally posted by MR BARLOW@Feb 8 2006, 04:27 PM

The #8 body slamming #3 would be a good combo,
I think Ill tackle those 2 and see how they turn out :)

[snapback]1179195[/snapback]​

I agree, that'd be a great pair, even if no one ever does the others. I'd be down for a set :)

Tom

SWEET. I'm down :)

I was just thinking... the one guy holding the other would be cool, but what might be better yet would be to have the one guy standing (and growling/flexing) over the other guy's fallen body with the weapon as it his feet.

I think the holding him in the air may look awkward as it was part of a move (in addition to being top-heavy.)

Thoughts?

When are you starting? What are you waiting for?? :lol
T

Im still finishing up the Luke head now but I can start on these guys in the next day or 2 . Id still like a height on one or both if someone knows .
and ...

I am thinking how to make #3 suit both purposes ;)

B

:D

That could work. Just need to make the arms able to be posed "up" on #8 and you could probably make #3 work either in the air or laying down.

T

I'll give it a crack too, prolly sculpt the others first then. I'd say the big guy is no bigger than 6", prolly about the scale of the SW Minis Rancor (which is 5"). I'd say that would be a good scale for a real board.

I'll scale my figs at that scale and maybe see if MonCal is willing to do the resin pours. It'd be awesome if we could make them posable, but I'll concentrate on the sculpt first.

Not out to make money on your idea - If I can do them and you like 'em, we'll do 'em at RPF bargain prices.

Modeling mechanical parts is one thing, but sculpting organic forms is not one of my better skills. I wish you guys the best of the luck. If any of you ever cast some copies I'd love to buy a set :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back