Has anyone made a screen accurate Move Along Sandy

DL 44 Blaster

Sr Member
Has anyone successfully made the "Move along" Sandtrooper with the proper 13 tube stripes on the right side and the 16 stripes on the left??

My AP helmet came pre-trimmed and there is NO way to fit the 16 on the left...I can get 13 on the right with no problem,but for the life of me can't imagine what was going on when the original was built other than shifting the entire face plate to the right and outward in order to have that much room :confused

The brow trim is no problem and easily done with some dome trimming and proper shifting of the face plate,but the stripe thing is a huge space difference.

I began thinking that perhaps the Move Alongs original mold was of a different mold altogether than the TE pulled one that the current available buckets originated from. It is clear how much area there is between the ear location and the tear on the Move Along whereas the TE bucket is MUCH closer to the tear.

Thoughts????? :confused

[attachmentid=6657] [attachmentid=6658]

[attachmentid=6659] [attachmentid=6660]

Originally posted by Jackie_Chan_Fan@Feb 16 2006, 08:12 PM
same mold, different assembly.
[snapback]1186507[/snapback]​

I was afraid of that....I guess it's too late for mine then :( My next one will be worthy however :love I'll only be able to photograph my right side now. Considering thats all that is seen on screen of this scene anyhow I can fake screen accuracy :lol

Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster+Feb 16 2006, 09:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DL 44 Blaster @ Feb 16 2006, 09:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jackie_Chan_Fan
@Feb 16 2006, 08:12 PM
same mold, different assembly.
[snapback]1186507[/snapback]​

I was afraid of that....I guess it's too late for mine then :( My next one will be worthy however :love I'll only be able to photograph my right side now. Considering thats all that is seen on screen of this scene anyhow I can fake screen accuracy :lol
[snapback]1186510[/snapback]​
[/b]

yep yours is junk send it to me. :angel

I'm assuming you can't get the 16 stripes on the cheeks because your using the decals?Surely painting them on you will be able to get the desired look?

Check out the spacing of the stripes,they're closer together on the 16 side than the 13.The decal stripes are all wrong anyway so you'd probably never be able to make 16 fit :unsure

Edit-Also notice how the face is positioned more to one side making the tube look bigger/longer on left side(as you wear it)

Give me another week or so, and I'll have some pics of my final "Move Along" Sandtrooper. Just need to finalize my back pack.

Originally posted by troopermaster@Feb 16 2006, 08:24 PM
I'm assuming you can't get the 16 stripes on the cheeks because your using the decals?Surely painting them on you will be able to get the desired look?

Check out the spacing of the stripes,they're closer together on the 16 side than the 13.The decal stripes are all wrong anyway so you'd probably never be able to make 16 fit :unsure

Edit-Also notice how the face is positioned more to one side making the tube look bigger/longer on left side(as you wear it)
[snapback]1186520[/snapback]​

The face positioning is what gave this particular Trooper his identity along with the famous brow trim. This is where I royally screwed up. :(

I'm definitely hand painting all the areas requiring such: traps,tears,etc.but it's the spacing altogether from the left side's tear to the ear that is much further on the Move Along versus the TE original which will prevent me from having enough room since I screwed up.

Beings my first screen-accurate Trooper assembly I wanted to create a specific character,but didn't take everything into account before I did the final glueing assembley :cry I did the brow,frown,traps,even the mic. tip orientation,the black area between the mic. tips painted to the Move Along Trooper,and even heated up the ABS on the right eye and bent it in flush from the signature raised area just as the Move Along Trooper has. I just totally overlooked this final detail which is a HUGE "F-up" in my opinion..... :cry

Being such a stickler for detail,but beings my first helmet assembly I guess I was bound to miss something and catch it when it was too late.

TK1536,I can't wait to check out your bucket.. :) Are you going to weather it just as the original? I'm going for the full monty (despite my "F-up") doing the white marks on traps, down face,all the tan marks showing,I'll try to simulate the latex finish,along with the signature sandy finish,which unfortunately looks gone from it's current state. I want mine to mimic the helmet as seen on screen,not as is currently.Screen caps show that he had little sand weathering anyhow,which makes this hard to judge when to call it "finished".

Steve

Originally posted by DL 44 Blaster+Feb 17 2006, 04:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DL 44 Blaster @ Feb 17 2006, 04:32 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-troopermaster
@Feb 16 2006, 08:24 PM

[snapback]1186520[/snapback]​

The face positioning is what gave this particular Trooper his identity along with the famous brow trim. This is where I royally screwed up. :(

I'm definitely hand painting all the areas requiring such: traps,tears,etc.but it's the spacing altogether from the left side's tear to the ear that is much further on the Move Along versus the TE original which will prevent me from having enough room since I screwed up.

Beings my first screen-accurate Trooper assembly I wanted to create a specific character,but didn't take everything into account before I did the final glueing assembley :cry I did the brow,frown,traps,even the mic. tip orientation,the black area between the mic. tips painted to the Move Along Trooper,and even heated up the ABS on the right eye and bent it in flush from the signature raised area just as the Move Along Trooper has. I just totally overlooked this final detail which is a HUGE "F-up" in my opinion..... :cry

Being such a stickler for detail,but beings my first helmet assembly I guess I was bound to miss something and catch it when it was too late.

TK1536,I can't wait to check out your bucket.. :) Are you going to weather it just as the original? I'm going for the full monty (despite my "F-up") doing the white marks on traps, down face,all the tan marks showing,I'll try to simulate the latex finish,along with the signature sandy finish,which unfortunately looks gone from it's current state. I want mine to mimic the helmet as seen on screen,not as is currently.Screen caps show that he had little sand weathering anyhow,which makes this hard to judge when to call it "finished".

Steve
[snapback]1186547[/snapback]​
[/b]

Am I completely mistaken when I say that the AP back is different from the TE and that it is trimmed differently?

Originally posted by TK1536@Feb 17 2006, 02:12 AM
Give me another week or so, and I'll have some pics of my final "Move Along" Sandtrooper. Just need to finalize my back pack.
[snapback]1186541[/snapback]​

I'll vouch: Mike's move-along guy is outstanding- right down to the paint chips.

Here's a picture from a few weeks ago, the Lewis blaster is not done and the back pack is obviously missing... and yes, I know the "Move Along" guy has an E-11. When I get final pics done in a few weeks, I'll take a few with that, too.

finished_TE_TD2.jpg

I have a couple of bumpy TE helmets and was going to try to make a'move along' and a 'stop that ship' but time has eluded me.

There are so many good pictures of close up details I was going to get a projector that hooked up to my laptop so I could scale up and down and project the scratches, paint chips, paint details, brow cut, teeth cut etc straight onto a blank helmet. This would also help with exact assembly.

Some artists do the same with photos sketch the outlines then fill in the blanks with paint a kind of paint by numbers.

Has anyone tried anything similar before?

Cheers Chris.

P.S. That is an awesome sandtrooper TK1536

While we're talkin' sandtrooper helmets, here's my new one, with a superb weathering job by TD1536. (Which has been a PAIN to replicate on the rest of the armor, but quite rewarding when done correctly.)
100_2360.jpg

yes, he did. :confused

today i weathered half of my armor, and i also used Brak´s tutorial.
*HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.*

all you need to know...

Originally posted by RoCKo@Feb 26 2006, 02:35 PM
yes, he did.    :confused

today i weathered half of my armor, and i also used Brak´s tutorial.
*HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.*

all you need to know...
[snapback]1193712[/snapback]​

How do I find "Brak´s tutorial" ?

Thanx , Niko.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back