Has anyone looked at the Rubies "Deluxe"

PropReplicator

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I think my kids would love one or two, and the prices aren't too bad. Anyone have pics of them?

This is the only image I've seen, and you know how these "official" pics don't always tell the whole story. :rolleyes
56078.jpg

Wayne

its doesn't look too bad, same goes for the rubies deluxe jango fett,
much better than a 1 piece jumpsuit with armor and details all painted on

Originally posted by TK-Fett@Dec 20 2005, 09:45 PM
as far as i know, the suit is made up of those foam pieces that are formed into a shape.
[snapback]1140479[/snapback]​
Yeah, that's perfect for kids (10 and under). And they're not 100% sticklers for accuracy (yet?), I think they'd dig it.

thanks,
Wayne

I got the kids version for my 5 year old for this past Halloween. I'll try to post a picture and give more details in the AM.

/B

Here's the one pic I have access to right now. I had to run out the door for work this AM and didn't get to the others. I have pictures of him standing that'll show the costume better, and I'll get them posted when I get home this evening.

halloween1.jpg

TK-Fett is right. It's a bodysuit that has formed foam pieces attached (front only though). My son loved it though, and it was easy for him to wear. The elbows were separate pieces that attach with velcro, and one tore the first time he wore it. It has foam shoe covers that wrap around the shoe via a piece of elastic on the bottom. Another problem we had was that one of the shoulder bells (flaps) wouldn't stay in position because of the way the costume was folded up for delivery. We ended up tacking it down with a stitch or two. It also comes with a very mushy rubbery belt that was six sizes too large for him. I whipped up a quick belt with a couple boxes and an ACE bandage for halloween night.

The helmet was better than I thought it'd be. I was expecting a single face front with the rubber band for around the head like I used to get when I was a kid, but this was a two piece vac-formed (I assume) thin PVC plastic that fit together reasonably well into a helmet.

I just found these pics of the helmet - you can see parts of the costume and belt in the backgrounds:

Helmet1.JPG

Helmet2.jpg

Helmet3.jpg

After these were taken I did some trimming so it would fit together better. The two pieces attach with velcro strips. I also put a little bike helmet padding I had sitting around into the top of the helmet because he was staring straight out through the forehead. :) We bought one of the Grievous guns that shoots the silly string. He loved it.

Now he wants some real armor. Chip off the old Bacara. :lol

I'll check tonight and see if I can find some better shots of him standing up.

/B

Yeah, I was pretty surprised, considering I think I paid $35 for it on eBay in early October.

/B

Originally posted by ~Sal~@Dec 23 2005, 03:16 PM
Not a bad helmet I would have thought its a cheap one sided plastic one too.
[snapback]1142488[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back