Has anyone done any 'THE ISLAND' props?

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My wife made me watch this movie and I liked it...all be it a Logans Run rip-off. None the less there were some pretty cool props to be done. Anyone make any yet????

Originally posted by Jedifyfe@Jan 1 2006, 05:34 PM
My wife made me watch this movie and I liked it...all be it a Logans Run rip-off. None the less there were some pretty cool props to be done. Anyone make any yet????
[snapback]1148332[/snapback]​

I seriously disagree on the LR rip.

That aside, I too would love to see a few props or replicas. I think the key that is used in several scenes would be pretty cool.

Originally posted by Mookie@Jan 1 2006, 06:34 PM
On the wall in Lincoln's bedroom is the following product...if I remember correctly.

PowerMate

It's for Macs from Griffin in aluminum.

Mookie
[snapback]1148366[/snapback]​

Yeah, it's on the wall next to the vid panel that he uses to report a missing shoe. :lol

i would love to have the following island props:

tracksuit and shoes
trikey
of course, the bug in a jar

" I seriously disagree on the LR rip."

You don't think that the entire movie is the exact same premise than that of Logans Run???? :eek I mean other than them being clones of people, the fact that they all live in a utopian underground society that is scared into never questioning why they can never leave and that it is a young guy and a his love interest whom are trying to escape....I mean a rose by any other name would....anyway, but I digress.

:D

i know what you mean, but totally was not a rip of logans run.
the main reason i liked this movie is because it had the same sense of mystery as movies like logan's run, soylent green, blade runner, all the old sci fi films that had a feeling of mystery aside from the action and sci fi elements. It felt like those old movies. most new movies don't have those types of plots. But was it a rip of logan's run? no, I don't think it even borrowed from it intentionally.

I loved the movie, it's hard making a movie about clones
without looking like Clonus or Logans run....I don't really care

but after watching the movie I just had to buy the phone :D
it's not often you can buy a prop replica that is usable in everyday
life.

Xeno

8800_noflash.jpg

nokia8801.jpg

I have not seen Clonus but on paper the makers of that film certainly seem to have a case. One of my co-workers saw it, and he was adament that The Island was a remake of Clonus. The next day the law suit was announced, and he got a laugh out of seeing that.

I enjoyed The Island as a fun popcorn flick. It was pretty sugary sweet and fluffy, and fairly forgettable, but fun anyway. I don't remember walking away from it wanting any prop from the film though, what stands out as a cool prop from this film? Did I miss it?

What stands out as a cool prop from the film? Are you kidding me? Didn't you see that badass yacht at the end of the movie? Way out of my collecting price range though. As I'd want a functioning 1:1 model.

I have not seen Clonus either...sounds good though. I too really thought that this was a good sci-fi flick. THe only prop I think would be cool is the wrist band ID. Looks neat.

Holy THX 1138 sequel Batman.
I just saw The Island last night and loved the similarities to THX. White suits, underground utopia, drugs to regulate behavior, limited physical contact, code number identities "THX 1138" vs "Lincoln 6 Echo," working on stuff they don't understand, "be happy" type talk constantly running over the PA system, the background radio chatter, the video monitored cells, the video screens of cell surveillance, institute police wearing black suit contrasting the white, the escape to the surface...etc

The thing that I liked about it was that this picked up where THX left off. Once THX got to the surface, the story ended. I liked the explanation of what exactly was going on and I loved the chase scene with the train axles. It's funny, but if you watch it as a sequel to THX, the story might be appreciated more. I gave it two thumbs up.

Regarding props, I'm going to have to watch it again :D

One of the "swat team" members throws on a cool looking black hocky type mask that I thought looked like a decent prop to obtain. I also loved the movie no matter what other films it highly refects on...

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back