Has anybody Pep'ed a 1:1 Scale R2D2?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by jayjayn, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jayjayn

jayjayn Well-Known Member

2. GeneralFROSTY

GeneralFROSTY Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Only an insane person, with too much free time and superhuman patience would take on such a project.

3. Qrest Fourstar

Qrest Fourstar Sr Member

Interesting. whats a .pdo file?

4. jayjayn

Lol, seriously but seems like a pretty good project to work on then fiberglass and reinforce. A .pdo file is a file format for pepakura designer, google it and u can download there free viewer program

5. vtswordfish

vtswordfish Sr Member

I think with the availability of styrene plans for your droid that honestly a pepped droid would be a total waste of time and patience. Just build a styrene droid and save yourself the headache!

6. Dung0beetle

Dung0beetle Well-Known Member

Styrene's the way to go for a scratchbuild. With pep, it is too much extra work for an inaccurate representation. The dome, on the other hand is an area where builders are having issues finding sources for. I have a dome pep (with supports) if anyone is looking for one. (no cutouts for greebles etc.) It is much easier than trying to locate a plexiglass/acrylic dome the right size. There are suppliers for metal laser-cut domes, but they are out of my price range.

If you are interested in extremely accurate plans, go to the links below.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. jayjayn

interesting thx for the tips.. i'll definitely look into it.., i really just wanted to make a trashcan as my first project then move up on it.. i'm most likely thinking of the foam route but still unsure.. here are more files i found not pdo files though.. i got it from the r2builders yahoo group.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4shared folder - Star Wars - R2D2 Papercraft

8. jayjayn

i've never worked with Styrene, hopefully i can find the plans so much information so hard to find =\

9. Grenex

Grenex Active Member

I would LOVE to try to Pep the dome if you can send me the files! :)