Has any of the Star Wars fans seen this yet??

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Rinzler, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Rinzler

Rinzler Well-Known Member

2. j0wE

j0wE Well-Known Member

I like the Malgus costume, man that's badass

3. SqueekinOrka

SqueekinOrka Well-Known Member

That is awesome. The costumes look amazing,i think i'd probably go to the dark side i love the costumes.

Thanks for sharing :)

4. Justine

Justine New Member

The expressions of the couple at the end were priceless.

And great job on the costumes and makeup.

5. mosarmini

mosarmini Active Member

Those people are lucky, they probably got a free light saber :p

6. CMANavy

CMANavy Sr Member

Kinda want to do the Jedi armor costume now....

7. Rinzler

Rinzler Well-Known Member

Ahh it got moved here, I put it in Costume Replica's due to the nice costumes worn in it, oh well as long as people see this :)

8. mdb

mdb Sr Member

Surely someone from the forum knows someone who knows someone who made the costumes? If so and you are lurking I just want to offer congratulations on an amazing job well done. It's hard to tell specifics from the videos (cast?milled? vacformd? Mix?) but holy cow they look amazing.

Side note I think my new paint for Shae is a good match for what is seen here so I may just go ahead and use it ;) Also, this is totally inspiring me to break out my dremel and tidy up my Shae costume. Mine works for the 30foot rule even 10 but I want it to look this crisp and clean ;)

9. StewYZF750

StewYZF750 Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for someone else to make th Sith Acolyte armor so I can copy some ideas to improve my low budget costume. It's a shame that it appears that all of the Sith Acolytes had the same facial patterns.

I love the Malgus costume too, he looks massive. Good work to everyone invloved.

10. frosty

frosty Sr Member

thats brilliant, the costumes were really great, I'm supposed to be doing a malgus mask in the new year, it is a cool design

11. closet geek

closet geek Member

That’s great. My guess is that it was put on by the folks at Star wars old republic, and they supplied all the costumes and sabers. The photography is to go to be amateur. Great job.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  12. Yellowjacket

Yellowjacket Well-Known Member

That was fun. The number of plain clothes jedi that joined in made the whole thing worth watching.

13. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

I too would love to know who made the costumes, I know it was probably a commission done for Bioware. But still this is pretty impressive, and I love some of the reactions on people's faces.

14. mikey123mushukl

mikey123mushukl Well-Known Member

COME TO THE DARK SIDE..... We Have cookies

15. Flagg

Flagg Sr Member

A friend of mine has that bumper sticker on her car.

16. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

I'm wondering if LucasFilm themselves made the costumes. The Jedi were good, the Acolytes great, but the Malgus was amazing.

17. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

very cool, great costumes

18. The Wook

The Wook Master Member

Kind of a boring flash mob. But yes, the costumes were cool.

There's really not much they could do with this, given that you can't fight using fake lightsabers and have it not look cheesy. So I get why they just had to strike a pose and hold it...but it was kinda boring.

The Wook

19. TK-2126_MD

TK-2126_MD Well-Known Member

I think it was the guys from IS that did ImperialSurplus.com - Armor - Old Republic Jedi

20. PepMaster

PepMaster Sr Member

You might be right on that.

21. mdb

mdb Sr Member

Nope, these are totally different :) Those were from an E3 a few years ago.

Take a look at the shape of the upper chest armour and you'll see a huge difference just there. Then the shins (most notably the gap below the knee in the new armour vs the older), and the belly... it's very different. If they were by the same folks they are a totally new set of sculpts and molds.

22. NAZGÛL

NAZGÛL Sr Member

Great costumes. I love the couple at the end. "Man, nerds everywhere!"

23. justice88

justice88 New Member

that was a great marketing strategy for the Starwars executives ! a few days before christmas. anyways nice short run for the sw fans like me.

24. khitomer

khitomer Member

To put you out of your misery! My friends Dragon Dronet and Wanda Piety (his wife) built these costumes n only three weeks for this project. Additionally Dragon got to play the part of Darth Malgus. Their website is www.renegadeeffects.com but has not been updated recently.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  25. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

The fact his name is dragon is cooler than anything else you said.

26. dayspringxo

dayspringxo New Member

I would love to be a part in something like that. I am so far from civilization that I should be a jedi monk.

27. mdb

mdb Sr Member

Sorry for the very late bump but thank you!! It's wonderful to be able to know who made this :) Even if there won't be a breakdown of how it was made ;)

Please pass on my congratulations. :) As a fan of the design and a fan of quality work I appreciate these on all levels.
    I hope they are able to update their site with the new costumes soon :D

28. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That was amazing!

29. AZJedi

AZJedi Member

Pretty crazy... And the costumes are spot on

30. Xerakon

Xerakon New Member

Why does this never happen around me?

31. AkiBadtrip

AkiBadtrip Member

This is so cool!!! ...almost.....speechless..... can hardly...typ...e

:)

32. DarthVespula

DarthVespula Member

Oh the inspiration keeps pouring in!

33. Noeland

Noeland Sr Member

Freeze mob? I've never heard of that before. I was ready for them to bust into fighting. Then, NOPE! It was a cool vid none the less though.

34. Michael Bergeron

Michael Bergeron Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very cool vid. :)

35. ARKM

ARKM Sr Member

Resurrects thread from the ashes. ;) Sorry for the thread revival but I just found this thread.

I first saw this flash mob vid probably not long after it came out. However there was something in that vid that did not click the first time. I later saw it again in June of 2012 when someone posted it on a Star Wars based forum that I frequent. Imagine my surprise when I realized that the saber that Darth Malgus was holding is one I made and sold back in 2008 (albeit with the addition of what appears to be plastic/resin claws bolted on to the choke point on the blade holder/emitter). When I first created the saber, I named it "Saber 15". Creative I know :p

I originally made that saber for Lou Klein (he is NOT the guy playing Darth Malgus in the youtube vid). Lou is the guy behind the Star Wars fan Film "Contract of Evil" and "Crossroads of Destiny". If I remember right, he originally bought that saber for a sequel to Crossroads of Destiny but that sequel never got made. As such, I thought I'd never see that saber again.

Lou is an excellent costumer and fan film maker. He is also a ninjutsu instructor (or practitioner, not sure which) and he appeared on an episode of Spike TV's Deadliest Warrior as one of the authorities on ninjutsu. He bought two sabers from me that I made (sabers 14 and 15) as well as had me add electronics (no sound) to one of his Saber Forge hilts. Anyways, I was quite stoked to see it again. Seeing it that vid made my week.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2013
  36. Ronan87

Ronan87 Sr Member

:lol That's awesome mate!!!