Harry Potter Wand Progress and Tutorial

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

spiltkoolaid

Hi there! This is my first post on RPF, so I apologize if I've posted in the wrong thread! But anywhos, I wanted to share some progress photos of my most recent made prop. I would love some critique as well! (Be gentle XP) Thanks!

IMG_0031.jpg

I used a wooden dowel and Sculpey clay as my mediums for the wand.

IMG_0002.jpg

Using a toothpick, I began fleshing out all the details and characteristics of the wand.

IMG_0017.jpg

After some time in the oven and a good coat of paint and gloss, this is the finished product:

IMG_0018.JPG

hp.jpg

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Fenris

Cool!

I also make wands. Our only difference is I use non-toxic epoxy putty. Needs no baking, it cures after 3hrs and becomes rock-hard after 8hrs.

Fenris

Yup, I need to be fast in sculpting, but because I'm so used to making wands it's become second nature to me. I just need to make sure I finish before the putty semi-cures otherwise it'll be hard to work with.

Here's a link to my wands, in case you're interested:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=233805