Harry Potter- Sword of Godric Gryffindor

arivin923

Hey guys!

So I've been looking into picking up a replica of Godric Gryffindor's sword. From what I've seen, there are basically two options:

a) The Noble Collection one-

The Godric Gryffindor Sword: WBshop.com - The Official Online Store of Warner Bros. Studios

b) The cheap knockoffs that turn up on eBay and at conventions.

I looked at one of the "other" ones at a con recently, and was really disappointed. The quality seemed really shotty, and by that I mean when I turned it over one of the gems fell out of the pommel. It also didn't have the name on the blade like the movie one.

The NC one looks great, but I've heard conflicting things about whether or not it can be removed from the display plaque, and very little about the quality of it. Does anyone here have one, and if so, what do you think?

If not, does anyone know of another source for one?

I really really want the Noble one. I wouldn't dare buy one of the knockoffs on ebay. You actually can remove the Noble one from the display. I saw a youtube video with someone taking it off. I love the look of it. The only downside is the price. Almost $200. I don't have that kind of money. Check Youtube sometimes for reviews of things. I'd say about 75% of Harry Potter merchandise has been reviewed and posted on there by someone.

Awesome! I was really bummed when I heard that it was permanently mounted to the board, so I'm really glad to hear that that's false. I searched youtube, and saw a couple reviews where the person had removed it from the board, but none in english... was the one you saw in spanish? If not do you have a link?

I received the Noble Collection Gryffindor Sword and Triwizard cup as a gift a few months ago. Although I was underwhelmed by the Triwizard cup, I was very impressed by the sword. I have a few other Noble collection pieces (two wands, time turner, horcrux locket, and Tom Riddle's Ring) but the Sword takes the cake. The hilt itself is very well detailed, and although the "rubies" are glass beads, it still looks great. The ONLY criticism I have is the fact that "Godric Gryffindor" is printed onto the sword. The black ink seems a little bit out of place, and if they had engraved or embossed the lettering in it would have been perfect. This is a very small issue though!

I should also mention the mount it comes with. It is Beautiful! It does a great job of showing off the sword.

Although the price is a little steep, I think that compared to other noble replicas it is worth the price. The time turner, Horcrux locket and Riddle ring retail in the realm of $50-60, and although they are great, they do not make a huge statement. The Gryffindor sword is a sturdy, well made piece and having it propped on your wall definitely make your room look epic.

Let me know if you need more details/info

Yeah. The one I saw was in Spanish. The persons channel was called lucoded. He has like EVERY Noble Collection item. You name it, he has a review on it. Another great one is called dmdarklord. Shes got a Harry Potter house so to speak.
I want the sword so badly, I'm tempted to sell stuff online. I've never sold online before and I don't know how to safely.

I have the Noble one and its awesome.. The only down side I see in it is that it has the "TM" printed at the end of the name, its small, but noticeable

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back