Harry Potter: Screen Accurate House Ties?

Jodo

Sr Member
Hey guys, I'm currently looking for a screen accurate Gryffindor tie. A quick look on ebay and the link show TONS of results, but who offers the most accurate? I guess most have SA material, but are too wide? Does anyone have any input? :lol

EDIT - I guess the Wizarding World of HP ties are 100% silk? They look nice in pictures...

Robert412

SA to which film? The first two have alternating single stripes. From 3 on, it alternates a wide stripe skinny stripe pattern... Also, at some point, gryffindor colors went from a maroon and yellow to a purple and gold... I dunno.

Jodo

Sr Member
Ahh, sorry...I meant the later skinny/wide stripe version. Either color combination would work for me though!

Robert412

Just make sure that they DON'T have a house crest, and if you're getting a sweater. The purple and gold of the tie will not match the maroon and yellow of the sweater. The proper colors are out there. I just bought one from eBay, for $1.00.

iycis

Sr Member
Noble Collection has the most accurate Gryffindor tie, while the rest of the house tie colors are more accurate from Wizarding World.

Jodo

Sr Member
Awesome, I'll check around for a Noble one then! :) Thanks for the input guys!

I'm sort of just doing this because I essentially have the other peices (although not 100% accurate), a vest, dress shirt, and slacks. I would like a tie to wear to wear with the stuff to a few Christmas events, such as my church's Christmas service. :lol

iycis

Sr Member
You've got to get the Lochaven vest or sweater next. You won't regret it. I wear mine a lot in the winter.

Kaitou

What about the lochaven tie? It looks pretty good to me, does anyone have experience with them? Thanks