Harry Potter Riddle Blank Diary

I'll go ahead and pick one up to check out that accuracy. Maybe I can use the corner pieces as a base to make a higher-quality version.

Thanks,
Indy

I saw that and thought exactly of this thread too. There's no contest who I think would be more accurate, but it's more of a "how close did they get" with the NC. I'd still prefer yours Indy, simply because at a minimum the NC one doesn't even look aged, but like they pulled a journal from the shelf at Borders and stuck some plates on it.

Cheers,

Guy

btw, I haven't forgotten about the Red Book, I've just had a broken a/c compressor in my house that sucked up some funds. :(

I'll go ahead and pick one up to check out that accuracy. Maybe I can use the corner pieces as a base to make a higher-quality version.

Thanks,
Indy

I finally got my NC Tom Riddle diary and have to say it's Slightly Under eXpectations.:(

This is a picture of the back.
View attachment 51500
Looking at images of the actual prop, the leather seems to be realitively smooth, not the bumpy recycled football leather that this was made of. The name is hot stamped to a piece of leather which was then glued to the back of the diary.

The Winstanley's logo was omitted in favor of this:
View attachment 51501

I will admit that the corners are nice. They are a metal, but I haven't determined if they are actually aged brass or painted steel. I probably will do as you suggested Indy and remove the corners and put them on my attempt at replicating the diary. I now need to find a local business that does gold foil hot stamping so I can add the name to mine.

Once again - Indy, if you decide to do a run of these, I'm still interested!

ATL

I got an e-mail from Noble asking to update my CC information (since the pre-order was placed so long ago, my card had since expired). But I told them just to cancel the order and now I'm glad I've done so. Doesn't look like having this in my hands would be any help to reproducing it...

I'll be better off working just from the photos I've got.

noble collection is good when it comes to harry potter props but only MOST of them I mean the new locket they made is complete **** and the triwizard cup could be BIGGER and have those branches and the glass could be clear resin with little bits of plastic in it and they can sell more harry potter prop replicas just generally noble collection is an ok site

This took a back seat since I had so many other projects on and the response didn't seem that great. I'll keep it on the back burner and if any spare time comes up, I'll look into it again.

-Magnoli

Somebody have the name tag in the back of the diary? that would be great!! on pdf

hpnbtrdiary-w1000.jpg

We never ended up doing these. We are getting back into doing journals though, so if there is enough rekindled interest, we could look at doing a run.

Also, does the diary change from COS to HBP? Because in COS, Tom's name on the back is ingrained to the book, while on the Noble Collection, and I assume the HBP (I couldn't find any screenshots to confirm this) version, his name is pushed up from the rest of the book.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back