Harry Potter -- Marauder's Map

The14thDr

Sr Member
At some point in the near future I'd like to create a replica of the Marauder's Map, but I need a bit of help. First of all, how tall and wide is the map when completely opened and then again when folded? I'd like to draw this completely by hand (except the front cover), without any printing, and I've started a mission to collect as much reference material as possible. I'm also going to search for clips online to get an idea on how the map opens and folds, and I'll also be using the Noble Collection map as a reference point.

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

The replicas are 15.5 inches by 8.25 inches closed, and 15.5 inches by 72 inches opened. It seems like this is consistent with the one in the movies. you can compare the height next to Harry's wand prop (which is 11 in.), seen here displayed. Hope that helps.
Untitled.png

Thank you. If I manage to get enough reference today, I may start drawing out the map this afternoon, so this is really appreciated. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back