Harry Potter Light Up Wand.

djpk19

Hi all,
So I a few years ago I bought the The Noble Collection: Harry Potter's Illuminating Wand but I really didn't like the LED tip it had. It was a big white blob at the end of a pretty cool looking wand. So, I ended up popping off the factory LED (there is enough wire to accomplish this) and I cut off that LED. Making sure I didn't loose the wires down the shaft though! I put a bit of a 70 degree angle on the end of the wand and sanded it a bit to smooth it. I originally used the LED from a Photon Micro-Light II. I soldered it on, and it fit perfectly into the tip, very snug. It is a very narrow LED, so I used some fine sandpaper on the LED (before putting it in) to widen the beam a bit-though not too much. One problem I had is that the LED sometimes illuminates a tiny bit of the plastic - much like how a fiber optic wire works, so I put some paint on the end and then blended and repainted the skinny part of the wand. Then I put some matte polyurethane on for good measure (just on the skinny part).

I just thought I'd share this if people wanted this kinda cool flashlight and didn't want it to look like a toy. I'll attach some pictures of it. I also have a picture of a broken wand incase you wanted to see what in part of it.

I have done something similar! I did it with the Voldemort illuminating wand. It looked horribly disproportionate still but doing this made it look that much better at least.
I have made a few custom illuminating wands over the past 3 yrs but sadly not with the set-up like Noble's wands have. I've made Moody's, Bellatrix's and a few others.

I just made a post with what i'm trying to do, i'd like one That is more like the way they use in the movies but i'm not AS craty as i could be anyway Tell me waht you think.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back