Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak

Here is a picture of the see-through invisibility cloak on display at the Warner Brothers Studios outside London now. I think the patterns might be the same as the original cloak.

In Gringotts.jpg

I was actually getting ready to just finish up some of the ones I started. Most are not the best (silk) fabric, but may be usable. I expect to finish over the Memorial Day weekend. I'll post something here when ready to put on the junkyard.

I am very impressed with how amazing this cloak came out! :) You have beautiful craftsmanship and great attention to detail making this cloak! By any chance, please let me know if you'd take future commissions for it as I would really like to have this one day! I have been cosplaying Harry Potter for more than a year now and always dreamed of owning the iconic cloak one day. I'd love to purchase one from you, if that's alright, to request a commission on making this.

View attachment 1338202View attachment 1338203View attachment 1338204

I made a cloak with a removable green screen lining for someone & thought you might like to see it.
New to this site but just wanted to commend you lmellies on this amazing cloak!

And I have a question... Does anyone know about the fabric used for the bed curtains in the boys' Gryffindor dormitory?
It was red velvet with celestial gold embroidery.
Was it specially made for the films? Or commercially available? Or has anybody seen anything similar?

I will start a separate thread on this too.

Thanks all!

New to this site but just wanted to commend you lmellies on this amazing cloak!

And I have a question... Does anyone know about the fabric used for the bed curtains in the boys' Gryffindor dormitory?
It was red velvet with celestial gold embroidery.
Was it specially made for the films? Or commercially available? Or has anybody seen anything similar?

I will start a separate thread on this too.

Thanks all!
Hi, I might be mistaken but I remember looking into this a long time ago and I believe the curtain fabric was specifically printed for the films. Would be really interested if you end up finding out more on them!

Hi jndemar,

Thanks... Hmm, I feared as much, commercial availability (particular given the intervening decades) was a long shot!
I was at the London studio again recently (for the third time) and it really looked embroidered. I couldn't get particularly close of course, let alone touch it, but if it was printed then the effect is really good.
(The common room "tapestries" were definitely printed, not that you'd know on camera.)

Thanks for the image!
I'll dig out my photos (on a proper camera) so see if that illumates the printed v. embroidered question.

I'm interested in recreating an atmosphere with authentic materials, and willing to forgo exact replicas, so I might investigate bespoke embroidery!

Hi jndemar,

Thanks... Hmm, I feared as much, commercial availability (particular given the intervening decades) was a long shot!
I was at the London studio again recently (for the third time) and it really looked embroidered. I couldn't get particularly close of course, let alone touch it, but if it was printed then the effect is really good.
(The common room "tapestries" were definitely printed, not that you'd know on camera.)

Thanks for the image!
I'll dig out my photos (on a proper camera) so see if that illumates the printed v. embroidered question.

I'm interested in recreating an atmosphere with authentic materials, and willing to forgo exact replicas, so I might investigate bespoke embroidery!
I am pretty sure its screen printed or stamped/imprinted with silver ink/paint. You could probably get a similar effect using the same technique as the person who created the invisibility cloak above. Stencil templates with silver paint on velvet. I was also obsessed for a hot minute trying to get my hands on some of this fabric haha. Would love to recreate the pattern and have a company print it on fabric..don't know how much silver ink would cost though...

I am pretty sure its screen printed or stamped/imprinted with silver ink/paint. You could probably get a similar effect using the same technique as the person who created the invisibility cloak above. Stencil templates with silver paint on velvet. I was also obsessed for a hot minute trying to get my hands on some of this fabric haha. Would love to recreate the pattern and have a company print it on fabric..don't know how much silver ink would cost though...
Ha ha, I'm in that same hot minute at the moment!
Will let you what I find out/how I get on!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back