Harry Potter Hogwarts Mural

pyxl

After much pleading....I've agreed to re-do my 9 year old daughter's room. Her request was for a total "Harry Potter" room. I'd made a small section of stone and a door last year and she asked me to make the whole room fit the theme.

This is a mural on one wall...two more coming. I kept the castle high enough that as she moves things around in the room (bed, dresser, desk) it will be high enough to be out of the way.

The picture has a camera flash hot spot in the middle of the castle, but you get the idea. I think it's taken about 2 days to get it done. Lots of fun.

The other wall will be a close-up of a desk with the Marauder's map and assorted desk items...and the last two will be a continuation of the stone wall I did earlier.

hogwartsmuraldonesmall.jpg

Very impressive. My son wants a Potter room, but I was going to rely on photo sources. Unfortunately, almost none of them are hi-res enough to hold as wall decor. Too bad you can't get the Potter organization to license that, digitize it and sell wall murals of it.

One project I started researching some time ago for wall decor was replicating the Black family tree as seen in Order of the Phoenix. Not impossible, just VERY big and time consuming.

Wow!...Talk about terrific!!! You did an amazing job on this! I did something similar to this in my small bathroom, but it didn't turn out nearly as beautiful as yours. I know how much work that must have been. You're a top-notch artist! Your daughter must be THRILLED!

One project I started researching some time ago for wall decor was replicating the Black family tree as seen in Order of the Phoenix. Not impossible, just VERY big and time consuming.

What i love is that that tapestry was actually made for the movies... the level of detail put into set and costume design on those movies... i love it.

Fantastic painting!

That's a really good idea, that would look very awesome. xD

Anyways, that looks great! Your daughter is very lucky
I hope you post pictures when you finish the other walls, I'd love to see!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back