Harry Potter Golden Snitch metal build | Video

elilay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is project I've made while a go. I always like this little ball when I was little I even ask my grandfather if he can make me golden snitch out of wood, he did, It wasnt super accurate but as kid I was super happy. I decided to make More accurate version by my self. I use as reference Snitch from first movie, To me this version has much more intresting shape.

5.jpg4.jpg6.jpg7.jpg9.jpg

Snitch was sculpted in oil based clay and then cast in Pewter. It's very very heavy. I was very excited about this project since it was one of my first metal casting related builds. But now I see few things which can be improved int terms of shape and building process. I want to make shape more accuarate and maybe cast it in brass and send it to gold plating.

Also I want to make little display with Hogwart little crest door to hide Snitch inside.

5775819996_4c1f14c6b9_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a snitch made of brass that was made and sold by a rpf member a few years ago. i'll be very intrested in how you make the Hogwart crest doordisplay.

Wow! Fantastic job! You make it look so simple, but it looks like it took a whole lot of work and skill that you don't show in your video. Wonderful results though. Thanks so much for sharing it! :thumbsup :thumbsup

I'm curious, what is the mold made from?
Bizarrely, just this week i decided to attempt the same project using model metal (very similar to pewter i think) but it have would done using lost wax and a breakable plaster mold.
your method looks a lot more straightforward.
Nice sculpt too by the way :) #flatterywillgetyoueverywhere

Last edited:
It's silicone for low temp metal ;)

Good Luck with your snitch!
I'm curious, what is the mold made from?
Bizarrely, just this week i decided to attempt the same project using model metal (very similar to pewter i think) but it have been done using lost wax and a breakable plaster mold.
your method looks a lot more straightforward.
Nice sculpt too by the way :) #flatterywillgetyoueverywhere

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back