Harry Potter free paper props - all movies and more!

Hello! Someone having a quiddicth program? kindly attach it here !!
Thanks in advance! :D
A few posts above I posted the posts, They didn't come with a link so you just have to go back and find the numebred psots but the programm is attached there. harry potter wiki also has it.

Thanks Luke.

Here's the revised Proclamation 27 with the Blah Blah line. Now its more perfectly close. :)

Its set up for full size printing but will print nicely on an 8.5" x 11' page.

bfd

Hi bfd,
Thank you for including the Blah Blah's and for making me laugh :lol
I love to find out little things like the Blah Blah line in the poster because it shows the prop makers sense of humor. It isn't something that is being seen on screen so they have a little fun with it.

I wasn't going to post this as Barney already posted his version, but what the heck, the more the merrier. ;)

I complete redid this, touched up the graphics and found all the fonts to redo the text. Enjoy.

thomas;)

dadaup.jpg

Thanks Thomas! I have to chuckle at the illustrations on the right side of the page. Clearly this wizard has been hit with a disappearing pants hex LOL.

I wasn't going to post this as Barney already posted his version, but what the heck, the more the merrier. ;)

I complete redid this, touched up the graphics and found all the fonts to redo the text. Enjoy.

thomas;)

There are a couple of Barneys here but if you're referring to me I've never posted one of these Thomas so thanks very much, looks great.

@wooze: as always thanks for your kind words. We have to give our young friend luke the credit for reminding us that the Blah Blahs do indeed exist.

bfd

There are a couple of Barneys here but if you're referring to me I've never posted one of these Thomas so thanks very much, looks great.

@wooze: as always thanks for your kind words. We have to give our young friend luke the credit for reminding us that the Blah Blahs do indeed exist.

bfd

As much as i would lurv to take credi, I believe it was Zeeky that provided us with the ablahlabah stuff, yes? Well, it certainly wasn't me, because my notes on that were at home and I was at Surflight! (which is two and a half hours away) :D
Either way, it looks good and I JUST WANT THESE DAMN FONTS so I can finally make these things!

As much as i would lurv to take credi, I believe it was Zeeky that provided us with the ablahlabah stuff, yes? Well, it certainly wasn't me, because my notes on that were at home and I was at Surflight! (which is two and a half hours away) :D
Either way, it looks good and I JUST WANT THESE DAMN FONTS so I can finally make these things!

Yes it was Zeeky that first mentioned the Blah Blahs and full credit to him. Wasn't trying to shun Zeeky, my comment was that you reminded us of it yesterday with a quote from Zeeky.

bfd

As luke says, nothing can get you more PO'd than trying to print something off your computer. :lol

It sounds you are probably using something like the Windows Photo Printing wizard to print stuff. That will print out images only at the preset options not at the size the image was originally made at.

What you need is a photo/image editing program. You can try freeware like Photofiltre or Photoscape which are both free and apparently do a good job of basic photo/image editing and printing. I have not used them so i don't know for sure.

Double sided printing is a real art. Basically you have to print the first side and then flip over the sheet and print the other side. There is a little more to it than that to get the two sides to mesh but just Google something like "how to do double-sided printing" and I'm sure you will find instructions how to do it better than I can explain. Or, maybe someone here can describe how they print two double sided images.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. I played with it a little, and even though I'm sure there's an easier way, I put the images in my photo editer, printed the one side with the image on the left border, and then printed, and then put the other side of the image on the right border, so when it printed they lined up. Probably sounds very confusing, but it did work :) And I know that my printer does double sided printing, I just have to figure out how to use it to my advantage to make printing easier. On the other hand, I have printed out the ministry ID cards, and the little folder for it, and it looks great. As soon as I finish putting them together I'll post up a photo.

thomas;)
Would you mind telling me what font you used for "1. favoured positions for a left-handed hex-breaker"

my potions! they remind me of charmed more than harry potter, but I guess, these potions look ready for consumptions, maybe in the
Infirmary.
for the draught of living death, I found a ready made lable and reproduced the font since I liked it.
For the pepperup potion I used Ruritania.
For the Elixir to induce Euphoria I used Vivaldi.

For the colours I used mostly water colour, it's so nice seeing the patterns form in the water, I also used some achrylic. The feather I put it there because I found it the day before, and had a nice purple shine to it. The draught of living death should be as clear as water, but I put some lilac in it, since it's nicer. I can always say taht Slugborn was in a hurry and didn't brew it long enough, not like Snape would have. The pepper up potion I couldn't find the canon colour (if anyone knows, let me know) but I assumed since it's healind that it would be green/teal/bluish.
I used super glue to glue everything.
The bottles are food colouring/essence bottles which I had collected, it will take a while before another finished:/ Two of them have the date they were made, expiry date and batch number. they would be cool on potions so I left them there (also because my gold spraypaint fell and the noozle got broken)

Last edited by a moderator:

thomas;)
Great work, it looks fantastic! The actual fonts used by the prop makers are as follows, if you wanted to make it 100% accurate or someone wanted to make some new pages (would be cool!).

1) Dark Arts Defence heading - Archive Tinted (slighly expanded and darkened)

2) Subheading - Archive Antique Extended

3) Instruction text underneath diagrams - Archive Lightface Extended

Great work, it looks fantastic! The actual fonts used by the prop makers are as follows, if you wanted to make it 100% accurate or someone wanted to make some new pages (would be cool!).

Thank you once again for the fonts... you really know your fonts haha:lol

Thanx for that.. Yeah I looked at WB but it costs more.. I've got about $800 odd worth I'm looking at.. Was going to get it sent to someone in the US and then also look at the pre - paid international shipping that came in recently.. Or have it sent normal by them, either way, definitely got to be cheaper than getting it sent from Noble, than again, it would be nice to get a response from them after 26 emails and 7 phone calls.. Their customer service is one of the worse I've dealt with..

Since I'm not sure exactly what you were wanting to order, this might or might not help out, but I was just looking on Amazon, and they carry a bunch of the wands from the Noble Collection (as well as other stuff) and it qualifies for free Prime shipping, and probably super saver shipping as well (I have prime right now, but I assume its for both of them). Thought that this might help.

It was close enough for a free prop and I have no wish to pay over $100 for fonts for one prop ;) But feel free if you want to have a go at it ;)

thomas;)

As I said, it looks fantastic...I'm just passing on what I know.

Well, you could buy them. For the odd line of text though, what I imagine you could do would be to find a site that lets you try them out (*cough* myfonts.com *cough*) and if you accidently copied and pasted the correctly sized example into your photo software then perhaps that would do the job...but that's just pure speculation. I really couldn't comment on doing anything like that.... :love

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back