Harry Potter Fans!

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
In OotP what all info is given about the House Elf heads on the wall of Black's place? Do they give any names, descriptions, histories, etc.? Feel free to post page numbers or just paraphrase. :)

(Mods- yes it's prop related) :D

Thanks.

-Sarge

It's been a while since I read the book, but I think they go into the ansestors of the house elf that lives in Black's place. I'm not sure if they name names, but I vagly remember the book saying it was an honor to get your head put up there. I'll check it out later tonight, and make sure.

<div class='quotetop'>(LogansRunner @ Jul 10 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]1278137[/snapback]</div>
It's been a while since I read the book, but I think they go into the ansestors of the house elf that lives in Black's place. I'm not sure if they name names, but I vagly remember the book saying it was an honor to get your head put up there. I'll check it out later tonight, and make sure.
[/b]

Thanks. Much obliged. :thumbsup

-Sarge

As far as I remember and can find in Chapter 4, they don't give any real info on them. It just mentions a row of heads that turn out to be house elf heads, and then Ron says Kreacher is a "nutter" because his life's ambition is to have his head cut of and mounted just like his mother. I could have missed it, but I don't remember ever reading anything more detailed than that.

Check out the J. Rowling fansites, maybe someone has gotten the info out of her. As far as I remember, the names were never stated.

JAS

So I just asked my wife about the question, and got a very long explination about the house elves and Sirious Black. But as far as an answer to your question she couldn't recall anything about names or back history. Sorry.

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>(Light_Tech @ Jul 11 2006, 10:21 PM) [snapback]1279089[/snapback]</div>
So I just asked my wife about the question, and got a very long explination about the house elves and Sirious Black. But as far as an answer to your question she couldn't recall anything about names or back history. Sorry.

Chris
[/b]

Ok, that's cool, it actually gives me a lot of creative leeway for the other characters, to give them a lot of individuality. :D

Thanks everyone.

-Sarge

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back