Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

I also currently working on the Half Blood Prince version of the book, I have the back cover and spine done just need to get started on the front cover and inside title page. I've been working from the insert in the Film Wizardry book, I doubt a better resource exists.

I've been working on the cover for the Advanced Potion Making too (Having a huge harry potter party in March and I'm trying to make as many of the book covers as I can.)

I have this so far, but I was wondering if anyone knew what the words at the bottom said. I see that a lot of the top is in Latin, but does anyone have anything that shows the bottom text a little clearer before I make a judgement call and make it up?

The hi-res will be available for anyone that wants it btw (7.5"x12" @ 300dpi)

potionwip.jpg
closeup.jpg

Surely the top one is "Red Myrrh" with something at the end?

The bottom one could be something "Ale Suspen." with an Alchemical symbol before and after. I'll have to check my book of symbols when I get home from work.

Yes the top is Red Myrrhe
maybe with a comma at the end.
the letters in the middle word look like: FADO VUIDOX
and the last words: Ala Sulpen
but I am not 100% sure
hope that helps

Well, the middle one is in Greek characters. You might need to check with someone who reads Greek to see if they can tell what it is.

The glyph after the word Sulpen is the symbol for the planet Jupiter or the alchemical symbol for tin.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back