Harry Potter and the Game of Thrones - Mashup Project

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

kickman88

First, we have the Lannister Wand, which I tweaked the profile of after printing, as it was a little too chunky for my liking. I think it's much sleeker now, and am very happy with it. The gems also still fit nicely after tweaking, which is also a massive relief!

View attachment 1053373View attachment 1053374

Any feedback on this welcome!

Thing's are slowly moving towards completion. Should move quicker once the prints are all done and ready to go. I've just ordered a bunch of supplies for the project to get it finished, so I'd say no longer than a month before it's completed, but I don't want to rush - although I do want to get it done by then, as sunlight starts to disappear real soon, which isn't great for painting etc...

I'm also eager to get another project done by the end of the year, but I'm not sure I'll have time.

But anyway, that's where I am at the moment. the 'boring' stuff (RnD essentially..) is almost over..
I am with you and like the "sleeker" Lannister wand but (just one guys opinion) I like the space that is smoother under the lions mane on the thicker wand compared to mane coming all the way down to the "twisted band" on the thinner wand, just looks cleaner to my eyes...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Magnavis

I am with you and like the "sleeker" Lannister wand but (just one guys opinion) I like the space that is smoother under the lions mane on the thicker wand compared to mane coming all the way down to the "twisted band" on the thinner wand, just looks cleaner to my eyes...
I agree with you on that also. :)

Magnavis

So...we're close! Super close in fact!

Let's start with prints. Got all of the re-prints done.

Heartsbane pieces. The middle piece will be made from an actual piece of wood (Hopefully). Failing that, the design will be altered slightly, and it will have a leather strapped handle; but I'd really like to get the burl wood handle like Heartsbane has.

2019-08-30 16.23.18.jpg

Widows wail was re-printed the other day, but the newly seperated bottom piece wasn't quite good enough, so I adjusted it a little more, and now it's more or less perfect. It got a little bit of damage whilst I was removing the supports...but, each wand is going to be given a history, and so I will write the little chip into it's story (even though metal doesn't really chip...or I may just re-print it....again...)

2019-08-30 16.23.56.jpg
2019-08-30 16.24.02.jpg

The lions head for the Lannister wand didn't come out so great the other day, specifically around the bottom where it connect to the main wand piece. I mad this a little bigger, and also fixed the connection point, which was far too loose.

2019-08-30 16.23.13.jpg

2019-08-30 16.24.18.jpg

Just one more print to go now, and a major part of this project is complete!

2019-08-30 16.23.06.jpg

One more wand you say???

Yes, yes...the Targaryen wand is finally...COMPLETE! (laughs in high valerian)

Screen-063.png
Screen-064.png
Screen-065.png

I've slimmed it's profile down as much as I can. It's just over 4cm wide - maybe pushing 5cm. I think it's going to be practical to hold, but I wont find out until it's printed. Thinking it may have a more ceremonial background anyway, but we'll see....I've got a good story for this one!

So that's where I'm at right now...Stuff is arriving in the post (It's like Christmas). I got this 'fur' in the post today, which is going to cover the box for the Wildling Wand. (which I'm yet to start work on...it will be sculpted traditionally, and then cast in resin)

2019-08-30 09.08.39.jpg

More soon!

Magnavis

A few updates. Got my re-prints all finished up, and the Targaryen Wand is currently printing. I've got all of the pieces lightly sanded, and I'll wet sand them a bit, and prime them in the coming days, and they should be good to go.

2019-09-10 10.37.12.jpg

I've got a template cut out for the 15 Inch wands, and I'll make some seperate boxes for those that require different sizes.

2019-09-06 10.18.15.jpg

I also did a little test on the gold paint I got, and it seems pretty good. This piece wasn't sanded at-all, and it ended up pretty good for a test piece. Will be better on a piece that's sanded a little.

2019-09-08 15.37.22.jpg

I've also been working on something else. Each of the wands will have a piece of parchment with a brief history of the wand, and I thought I'd show you the history I've come up with for the 4 house wands. The parchment backdrop is temp. I'll actually print and weather them myself.

Baratheon-Wand-History.jpg
Lannister-Wand-History.jpg
Stark-Wand-History.jpg
Targaryen-Wand-History.jpg

I think that's everything up to date for now. Will post some pics of the Targaryen Wand once it's printed. I also need to make the Wildling wand, which shall happen SoonTM, along with the Nightking wand. I want to try and finish all the wands roughly together, but I may end up doing them all in batches.

More soon!

Magnavis

Targaryen Wand came out great! It's actually really nice to hold aswell, which is completely accidental lol

2019-09-11 09.58.36.jpg
2019-09-11 09.58.49.jpg
2019-09-11 09.58.58.jpg
2019-09-11 09.59.06.jpg

All of the main pieces are now done, I just need to print the actually wand part. I was going to print one rough and one smooth, and make a mould, but I think I'm just going to save a little bit of time, and money, and print them.

2019-09-11 19.59.18.jpg

A little bit more glue testing today aswell. Picked up something called B-6000, which I'm pretty sure is a chinese knock-off of another type of glue. But it comes with a very fine nozzle, which is good, and does seem to be quite sticky. So fingers crossed this one works well. (We'll find out tomorrow I guess?)

One test on an old print, and one on the paint test piece. Also learned that sanding the shiny bit off the bottom of the gems really dulls them, so I will avoid doing that in the future.

2019-09-12 09.41.18.jpg

More soon!

Magnavis

Few little updates..

Done a weathering test on some paper, which was pretty successful.

2019-09-13 10.57.56.jpg
2019-09-13 10.58.04.jpg
2019-09-13 10.58.14.jpg

I also did some assembly, and got the individual parts glued together with some Epoxy. Only bit that needs assembling now are the heartsbane pieces, but they need their wooden handle, which I need to make.

2019-09-13 16.01.38.jpg

I've also got a couple of actual wands printing right now. I was originally going to print a smooth and rough variant and make a mould, but it's actually going to save time and money to just print the stems for each wand individually. A 3mm steel rod through the whole wand should make it nice and strong.

Also got some more glue testing going on, but nothing really that interesting there..

More sooooon!

Magnavis

Wand prints came out great. Printed 3 on the bed, each in 2 halves. Could print more if I print upright on supports without an angle. 6 more to print, a custom one for needle, and then generic smooth ones for the other wands. These are the rough variant I've made.

2019-09-14 10.23.46.jpg