Harry Potter and the Game of Thrones - Mashup Project - FINISHED

Magnavis

Sr Member
Hi all,

I'm going to be starting a new project real soon, and thought I'd get a thread here going, as it's been a while.

Nothing to show of it right now, except this logo:

So I thought - If Game of Thrones characters went to Hogwarts, what would their wands look like? So I plan to model, and then make maybe 10 or so wands - using some of the famous swords from the show as inspiration, as well as creating a wand for each of the main great houses (Stark, Lannister, Targaryen, Baratheon) May do more, we'll see how it goes. Will do a special one for the Nightking aswell..

I'm still not 100% sure what i'll use to make the wands. I would like to use some real wood, some 3d printing, resin casting etc...All of this is yet to be fleshed out. I'll probably start with some rough sketches and go from there, and make some 3d models.

Anyway, thought I'd get the thread going, and go from there. Expect some updates over the next week, and things should pick up once I get going.

I plan to make each wand a custom box aswell :)

That sounds like a lot of fun! What size are they going to be lego size, bigger?

I'll probably go for around 15 inches, which is generally the largest size of wand - although, larger wands do exist, so their is scope to go a little bigger. For something like a Jon Snow wand based on Long Claw, I'd need it to be big enough to house a wolf head pommel, for example (though shrunken).

Moving onto the unique wands now. Starting with a wand for House Stark. I don't want anything too flashy, but don't want too plane either, so need to find a balance. I've done a few rough sketches of a few ideas..

At the moment, I'm liking the end one, but remove the shield with the direwold, and instead have a little sculpted wolf on the bottom, a little like longclaw.

Love your designs. I kind of like the first one the best...the banded leather, metal studs and Dire wolf would be very rustic, like the Starks. But it HAS to be made of Weirwood with Dire wolf hair core, (of course. ;))

Targaryen House wand up next - a few rough sketches for ideas. I actually have a pretty clear idea of what I want for this one already, but though it good practice to sketch some alternate ideas.

The one on the end would be a bit silly perhaps, but the scale would be a little smaller - they're drawn to big. Also, dragons are hard to sketch lol Kept looking like a bird..

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back