Harry Potter and Hermione's FIRST DESIGN wands

Nowonder

Hello,
I have always liked the design of Harry's and Hermione's wands from the first two movies a lot better than the new designs introduced by Alfonso Cuaron in Prisoner of Azkaban, and I would like to recreate them. I am also struggling finding pictures of the actual props, or movie pictures shiwing them clearly and entirely. I was wondering if they ever made these props available for the public to see in the early 2000s? Does anyone happen to be lucky enough to have pictures of them? Please note that I am interested in pictures of the actual props only, not stuff like the limited edition wooden japan replicas they distributed back in those years, because I have already seen a couple, and I've noticed they all look slightly (in some cases a lot) different from one another in shape and colour. Thanks to anyone who can help this poor wand maniac!

I also dream of having these versions! To me these are so much more realistic; the late designs, although very beautiful, look straight out from a Hollywood movie, which is actually truth but I do not think it adds to making the Wizarding World believable.

Creating the World of Harry Potter, Part 5: Evolution actually shows Harry's first wand (and elaborates a bit about its design) and the book included in the Ultimate Edition (Part 5) also shows the wand.

I can photograph the book page (scanning could be better but it would damage the book's spine since it's very fragile) but the documental is probably way better, it shows an HD photo, the problem here is I don't have a way to screencap from my SmartTV, if you know how to, let me know.

About Hermione's wand, I have an awesome reference, I'll scan it today later!

This is the photo from the book, Hermione's wand scan will have to wait a little since my computer crashed :(

Attachments

• harry.jpg
    harry.jpg
    960.9 KB · Views: 1,285
Hello, I haven't been on this forum much recently, I've some photos that may help you too. I've this wand I bought on eBay right around the time the sequel came out. I know you were not interested in the Japanese wand, but they do match the photos posted on here, just a different stain and some small details. And I've never found much info on it, or if its worth anything, but I've attached the imgur link to a bunch of photos of the wand. It's from Warner Brothers, and matches Harry's Original wand style, (and made of real wood). I hope it helps.

Edit: it looks like one is for sale on eBay japan for $30 with $10 shipping lol. Ultra Rare Harry Potter Japan Harry's First Wand | eBay
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter first wand (s03)-

Imgur

IDyrcza.jpg

F61Qgwu.jpg

ArZAb8R.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I haven't been on this forum much recently, I've some photos that may help you too. I've this wand I bought on eBay right around the time the sequel came out. I know you were not interested in the Japanese wand, but they do match the photos posted on here, just a different stain and some small details. And I've never found much info on it, or if its worth anything, but I've attached the imgur link to a bunch of photos of the wand. It's from Warner Brothers, and matches Harry's Original wand style, (and made of real wood). I hope it helps.

Edit: it looks like one is for sale on eBay japan for $30 with $10 shipping lol. Ultra Rare Harry Potter Japan Harry's First Wand | eBay
-Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Harry Potter first wand (s03)-

Imgur

View attachment 976513

View attachment 976514

View attachment 976515
Many thanks for the pictures. Though these wands aren't of much help, because they all have small differences from one another and it is impossible to tell which (if any) is accurate. I think I'd be interested in buying one still. Would you sell yours?

Last edited:
Alivan's original collection had close designs to Harry and Hermionie's wands.
Yes, I remember spotting them some years ago. Unfortunately, they couldn't be of much hel here, since I'm looking for pictures of the actual props (Alivan's make all of their wanda slightly different from the original for copyright reasons)

I really preferred these designs. They looked like they were actually manufactured by a skilled craftsman. The wands in later movies were just gnarly sticks.

When Harry Potter first came out, the studio gave out special promo wands of Harry's first wand, very rare and hard to find. I do still have in my collection:

IMG-6182.jpg

I really preferred these designs. They looked like they were actually manufactured by a skilled craftsman. The wands in later movies were just gnarly sticks.
I totally agree. Seeing how they had changed (for the worse) was such a childhood trauma (I'm serious)

No, This was given out to VIPs and press for the first movie here in the US. The handle is very even / symetric, just shadowing.
Another angle:
IMG-6183.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back