Hardware ROTJ V2

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
image.jpg

Here's a pic of part of my collection, where you can see the saber in it's nearly completed state.
image.jpg

Considering I was dissatisfied with almost the entire saber, only the emitter and neck/wind vane remain from the original build. All it needs is a completed pommel, a couple of greeblies, and some paint.
image.jpg

Here's a view from the emitter end. I'm bucking current trends by replicating the on screen version rather than it's current condition.

nice card! If you want something closer, shoot me a PM. I have a ridiculous number of connector cards for clamps

The dirty weathering is beautiful

nice card! If you want something closer, shoot me a PM. I have a ridiculous number of connector cards for clamps

The dirty weathering is beautiful

Thanks. The card is from a video game cartridge. The weathered paint was haphazardly applied with a small brush and then abraded with some sand paper for the desired result.

I love the emitter and all the thin necks, I am building one myself and I just got a emitter for it, can’t wait to see the finished build!

Yeah, this one's actually been in it's current state for over a year. I keep telling myself I'm going to finish it soon, but the designated time comes, and it just doesn't happen. While it's not difficult, the way I make the pommels is a bit involved, so that's part of it...

For the initial build it was rings of thin wall PVC around a 1" PVC core, but that was replaced with washing machine drain hose. The rings were then covered with HVAC tape. The end taper was built up with epoxy putty.

Technically, if you got apoxie sculpt to stick to a piece of pvc, you could throw it in a drill press and sand/file the top and bottom bevels and then dremel out the space between the cubes. I'm very curious too!

Actually, I take a piece of PVC pipe the length of the cubes, dremel the bevels on either end, cut the "cubes" from that, and then glue them in place. There's pics in my hardware Obi ANH thread (page 3).

And they're already curved on the bottom! checked out your obi thread and it makes sense now why the cubes were a different color.

image.jpg

Some in progress shots to provide some insight into the building process.
image.jpg

Duct tape is your friend.
image.jpg

Before I swapped out the clamp, the lever, and covered the wind vane with HVAC tape.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back