Happy Gilmore's Odyssey Putter

cbrant

Good morning!

I am researching Happy Gilmore's Odyssey Putter, and looking into making it myself. Specifically the head of it anyway. Currently, I'm just looking for information and maybe someone to model it for me. I'm assuming the movie one was machined aluminum, but I am considering just having a model printed in resin, molding it, and resin casting it, since I am not a golfer and wouldn't want it for anything but display.

I know we have a lot of impressive makers on here, so if anyone experienced with machining could chime in on what something like that would cost to machine, I'd be interested in hearing that take as well.

If any 3-D Modelers see this and think it's something you'd be interested in drawing up, let me know.

PS. I am already aware of the available replicas, and they are either too expensive for the actual Odyssey ones, or too inaccurate for the ReadyGOLF ones.

Thanks!

hgputter3.jpg

hgputter1.png

hgputter4.jpg

I didn't get a chance to respond to your question on the facebook thread re: the ReadyGolf model. Mine's currently in storage so I can't see if the lettering is raised. But it would be great to have a screen accurate replica that doesn't cost $900-1,000 (the going rate for the Odyssey replicas on eBay).

To me it looks like it’s made of MDF or some kind of wood. That would not be to expensive to 2D contour cut on a router or even doing it by hand.

If you want it in resin, a master could be done in whatever material and then molded to cast a copy.

The text could be done by masking, laser engraving, printed sticker etc. or cnc if you have access to one, it looks like the letters are reduced.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back