Happy Birthday STAR TREK!

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Today marks the 56th birthday of the original and still the BEST,
STAR TREK
Three seasons (79 episodes)that have never been equaled!
Breakthrough writing and a sense of Hope and optimism no matter what challenge was faced.
It gave us a cast of characters to look up to, the best of the best, who felt with issues morally and logically.
Lightning in a bottle, both in front and behind the camera!
Heres to another 56!
STAR TREK 2.jpg

I remember watching "The Man Trap" when it was first broadcast back in '66, I was 8 at the time, and not understanding it at all. I do remember the Salt Vampire scared the heck out of me.

Happy birthday, Golden Oldie. And many more to be remembered.
I grew up watching Star Trek: Next Generation, but the whole concept for me is great regardless of version

Last edited:
Bittersweet due to the state Trek is in now, was all of 5 when I first started watching it and if I only knew what an impact it would have on my life later on.

Looks like Nichelle will be going up in space as well as Jimmy Doohan , and The Great Bird Of The Galaxy himself Again!

True story.
I was born September 7, 1966. The day before Star Trek aired. Somehow, I ended up being a HUGE Star Trek fan. As a result, I will always remember how old our franchise is as I’m just one day older.
With that, last night at our local theater they showed Wrath of Khan (one night only) and five RPF took me to go see it for my birthday.
It was a glorious night.

I watched it Thursday night as well. I was afraid fatigue might start to set in considering how many times I've watched it before but strangely, this time was actually the most enjoyable. Maybe it was the birthday spirit.

I'm not sure why Shat gets the crap he does for his acting. He's phenomenal. Just because he did that thing in the original series where he'd freeze in a state of shock? lol

After the movie, they were talking about the fan backlash when it got leaked that Spock was going to die. They also mentioned that Gene was most likely the culprit who leaked it since he was against killing off Spock. Has that ever been confirmed?

56 years later and just about the only thing we can look forward to is a possible remaster of DS9 and Voyager. Along with documentaries, bittersweet :unsure:
Long live the Shat! Those who have left us are sorely missed.

True story.
I was born September 7, 1966. The day before Star Trek aired. Somehow, I ended up being a HUGE Star Trek fan. As a result, I will always remember how old our franchise is as I’m just one day older.
With that, last night at our local theater they showed Wrath of Khan (one night only) and five RPF took me to go see it for my birthday.
It was a glorious night.
QAPLA'!

56 years later and just about the only thing we can look forward to is a possible remaster of DS9 and Voyager. Along with documentaries, bittersweet :unsure:
Long live the Shat! Those who have left us are sorely missed.

QAPLA'!
A proper remaster, not a cheap digital upscaling, of DS9 and Voyager are the only things I really want now. Nothing about Star Trek since 2009 has interested me.
I became a fan of Star Trek in high school starting with TNG, that was my introduction to the franchise and I became a fan of every series and film from then on until 2005 when Enterprise came to an end.

A proper remaster, not a cheap digital upscaling, of DS9 and Voyager are the only things I really want now. Nothing about Star Trek since 2009 has interested me.
I became a fan of Star Trek in high school starting with TNG, that was my introduction to the franchise and I became a fan of every series and film from then on until 2005 when Enterprise came to an end.
Of course. Upscaling is not a remaster, it's how to ruin an image. Hopefully not ruin the color grading like they did with Buffy.
buffy.jpg

TNG was my first introduction to Trek as well.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back