Hannibal cancelled

It's a bummer on the one hand, but on the other, if this season ends with Hannibal finally captured and behind bars in the position we see him during Silence of the Lambs...eh, I'd be ok with it. It'd be nice to see more of the show, but I'd rather it have a natural end like that than to keep pushing on for the sake of pushing on.

I tried to get into this show but never could. I find it too off-putting the way it walloped you with the gruesome/shocking aspects.

But that stuff is pretty integral to all the Hannibal franchise. I guess it's just not my thing.

It's definitely not for everyone. That said, if you can get past the gruesomeness element, it's actually an amazingly done show. Also, the gore and gruesomeness isn't purely for shock value. It tends to serve a purpose within the narrative, and usually operates as a manifestation of the killer's psyche and a form by which the killer "communicates" with the rest of the world. It's not just "Oh, he did a blood eagle because that's gory!"

It's a bummer on the one hand, but on the other, if this season ends with Hannibal finally captured and behind bars in the position we see him during Silence of the Lambs...eh, I'd be ok with it. It'd be nice to see more of the show, but I'd rather it have a natural end like that than to keep pushing on for the sake of pushing on.

This was my problem, too. I kinda trickled off when I realized this wasn't a limited series. You can only do the "and Hannibal got away with it" so many times and try to reinvigorate it (Lady Hannibal) before you end up just consuming yourself. Pun intended.

It's definitely not for everyone. That said, if you can get past the gruesomeness element, it's actually an amazingly done show. Also, the gore and gruesomeness isn't purely for shock value. It tends to serve a purpose within the narrative, and usually operates as a manifestation of the killer's psyche and a form by which the killer "communicates" with the rest of the world. It's not just "Oh, he did a blood eagle because that's gory!"

I watched most of the first season. A couple of my friends are big fans so I kept trying longer than I normally would have. I respect that it's well done for what it is.

It wasn't even the stuff in the storyline that wore me out so much as the presentation of it. I never could warm up to the "IN YER FACE!!" tone of the directing & editing. I kept rolling my eyes and wishing for a PG-13 option.

This was my problem, too. I kinda trickled off when I realized this wasn't a limited series. You can only do the "and Hannibal got away with it" so many times and try to reinvigorate it (Lady Hannibal) before you end up just consuming yourself. Pun intended.

Liked for maximum punnage.

I watched most of the first season. A couple of my friends are big fans so I kept trying longer than I normally would have. I respect that it's well done for what it is.

It wasn't even the stuff in the storyline that wore me out so much as the presentation of it. I never could warm up to the "IN YER FACE!!" tone of the directing & editing. I kept rolling my eyes and wishing for a PG-13 option.

Yeah, I get that. Like I said, it's not for everyone. By the same token, I'm not much of an Eric Clapton fan. I recognize that he's exceptionally talented as a musician, but aesthetically, his stuff just has never really done it for me. I only listen to Layla for the Duane Allman parts. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back