Handheld Portal Device COMPLETE

EAGON

Hey I am making a portal gun. It is coming along pretty sweet. check it out at Flickr: Eagonwuzhere's Photostream
shoot me some pointers or tips....its to scale
photostream

if this pic doesnt show jump over to flickr and scope it
I am a new member to the rpf....so i am not very good at navigating yet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/eagonwuzhere

Last edited:
Re: Making a portal gun

Hey, welcome to the forums. Looks like a nice build. On the flickr page it says Portal Projector. I assume that this is because you are building this at a high school and you aren't allowed to say "gun" without committing a felony or something dumb like that.

I would be cool if it was a functional projector, haha.

Oh man, that looks so sexy. LOL Excellent job! Please let me has a casting of those white shells! XD

Oh thankyou!!! We have a strange way to make the shells....we laminate 3 pieces of 1/8th inch styrene over a vacumm mold...but we plan to make molds in the future so we built the gun with removable shells that ride on guide rails (tubing)

new stuff

the apple cutter was real fun to make (not really)

the claw isnt glued because everything fits perfect and it has hardware in it

seeing people remake these so accurately has me really wanting to remake mine and fix all the mistakes.

Excellent job with the project!

Came out well! Do you have any close ups of the wire braces around the claws? What did you use for that?

Came out well! Do you have any close ups of the wire braces around the claws? What did you use for that?

I lazered out the piece of 16th inch acrylic on autocad and measured the dia of the top wire hole and the bottom hole for piano wire on the top and 16 gage wire for the bottom and then used jewelry tools to bend them accordingly

About us: Logan (EAGON) Siahaan on left age 19
Stephen Hess on Right age 20

we are 2nd year prototype and design students at NWTC TECH COLLEGE
and hope to make more awesome stuff soon!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back