Hand Made Films licensed my Time Bandits Map

jheilman

Sr Member
So, I received a C&D from Hand Made Films about 9 months ago and ceased selling my TB maps. But, after working with the company producing the Time Bandits actions figures, and having my map graphics on their packaging, I took a chance and contacted Hand Made directly. After 8 months of back and forth, my map is back on etsy as a licensed prop replica. I guess the lesson is, it never hurts to ask.

So, I received a C&D from Hand Made Films about 9 months ago and ceased selling my TB maps. But, after working with the company producing the Time Bandits actions figures, and having my map graphics on their packaging, I took a chance and contacted Hand Made directly. After 8 months of back and forth, my map is back on etsy as a licensed prop replica. I guess the lesson is, it never hurts to ask.
That is GREAT!!!

So, you did it better than they could.

And prolly less expensive!

I just think licensed products are something new to them. There have been precious few Time Bandits tie-ins over the decades. I do have to say that Hand Made Films has been great through this process. They could have easily said no. They asked me about sales history to get an idea of future sales, so they knew going in that this wouldn't be a hugely lucrative deal for them. But, they worked with me anyway. I think the fact that my map had already appeared on licensed product, coupled with my ethusiasm for the project, helped quite a bit.

I just think licensed products are something new to them. There have been precious few Time Bandits tie-ins over the decades. I do have to say that Hand Made Films has been great through this process. They could have easily said no. They asked me about sales history to get an idea of future sales, so they knew going in that this wouldn't be a hugely lucrative deal for them. But, they worked with me anyway. I think the fact that my map had already appeared on licensed product, coupled with my ethusiasm for the project, helped quite a bit.
So nice to see that the company took you seriously, did the job of asking the right questions (history, sales, etc) and went with you.:cool::cool:
Not a lot of such success story in a lot of cases, sadly:(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back