Done / Completed Han Solo TFA jacket greeblies, metal or plastic

JOATRASH FX

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all.

I've decided to do a run of Han Solo jacket greeblies (ammo cylinders or whatever they are). They will be about 14mm in diameter and extend about 84mm tall. This seems to be fairly accurate.

cylinder.jpg

This will be a one-time run in CNC aluminum, hollowed out to save weight. I was lucky to find a local machinist willing to take on the job. See the photo above of the 3d printed plastic prototype as to how they will look.

Each set will contain THREE cylinders.

Cost:
The initial run is full. Extras will be available once the order comes in.

(Note: I can also do single plastic sets for $65 shipped worldwide as aprint-on demand service.)

Chime in here if you want in on the run. NO PMs PLEASE (unless you absolutely need to be anonymous for some reason). If you want a plastic set, you can PM or post here.

I've decided to not collect deposits to keep things simple, but once I am ready to give the machinist the GO order I will need payment from everyone. Please do not sign up unless you absolutely intend to get a set.

IMPORTANT:
Signing up means committing to the run. Once the run is started I will send out PMs, then payment must be made within 3 days. Apologies if that seems harsh or unfair, but I don't have time to chase folks for payment on this run and I don't want to jerk the machinist around or waste his time.

Thanks everyone. :)

LIST of ALUMINUM orders:

doctormckay *P*
Magnum1911 *P*
Mitch laRue *P*
KryssPteska *P*
DarthVander *P*
TK-3238 *P*
Riskbreaker
*P*
Artooritoo *P*
DRS *P*
Pfockerchief
*P*

Update: Payment info has been sent out. We are at the bare minimum for the run to go ahead and the payment deadline of 3 days has already been broken, so please everyone get your payments in ASAP. Thanks!

Last edited:
Updated! It's slow going, so we'll see if this happens but once we have a viable minimum things can get started quickly

These look great! I checked the measurements and they look they'd be a good fit to our Solo Jacket, so if anyone has our jacket, grab a set of these while you can!

Definitely count me IN for the hollowed-out aluminum version... The dimensions of these things look GREAT!
Best of Luck with this project, JOATRASH :):thumbsup

A reminder to all, please take an extra moment to think before signing up. I don't want to risk dropouts once this actually happens. If it were merely my time, it wouldn't be as important but I just got this machinist contact and I don't want to sour it, because if things work out we might be able to get other cool items through him. Thanks for understanding.

Definitely count me IN for the hollowed-out aluminum version... The dimensions of these things look GREAT!
Best of Luck with this project, JOATRASH :):thumbsup

Thank you Sir! We'll see if we can get enough to get it going. Most likely things will start to roll once Danny starts filling orders for his jackets and Indy gets some more out there.

Last edited:
I would express my interest, however, after that last post Joa, I won't be expressing interest. If you get the run together I might commit later.

That being said, looks like a pretty cool run.

Is it possible to pay via PayPal? I don't know any other reasonable way to get money from Germany to the USA without paying horrid fees or revealing my credit card number...

Sorry, StarWarsDave... But I don't think they are those detonators:
Not only does neither the top or the bottom of the detonator match the tips of what we see in the compartments on Solo's jacket, but I'm pretty sure that the scenes in TFA that show Solo actually holding a detonator (and handing it to Chewie) AND the scene with Chewie actually pressing the button on the top of the detonator show that what they're holding is larger than the three greeblies on the front of Han's jacket

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back