I decided I wanted a really iconic image for my GradShow at Uni last year to try and attract people to my display. After a few weeks I decided that Han in carbonite was the way to go - everyone I know at least gets the reference even if they don't know all the details. The build lasted a few months - mainly working late nights in the workshop at Uni "after hours". It was a fairly simple but effective construction method. Clay sculpts for all the body parts except the hands and feet. The sculpts were moulded in various materials, for the face I used RTV Silicone rubber, for the torso & legs I used latex. The casts were then made from fibreglass & resin. The hands were created using alginate moulds taken from a fellow students hands with resin poured inside to create the 'positive' hands. Feet were made out of a pair of old steel toe cap boots I had sitting around - coated in resin. The individual pieces were screwed down onto an MDF baseboard and the carbonite detailing was created by pouring PVA glue & Jesmonite onto the board and letting it settle naturally to create a pooling effect.