Han Solo Hoth Wrist Communicator Prop

Corellianexports

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just curious if any one was able to identify the parts on this one and
if anyone has tried making these? Thanks. :)

Attachments

• ESBHanHothWristComm.jpg
    ESBHanHothWristComm.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 424
  • Commpaddetail_preview_featured.jpg
    Commpaddetail_preview_featured.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,002
I’m not sure if they ever figured out what was used. If I remember the old research, they also found that the microphone Lando uses to warn the citizens of Cloud City used the same part but not sure if that is true.

Various people have made them from time to time. I have one from someone on the board from about 15 years back. With them being used in Rogue One, others have attempted to make them. You can find versions on Shapeways and Etsy.

Note: I am not claiming accuracy on any of these. I also do not know if and what the differences in details of those used in The Empire Strikes Back and those used in Rogue One.

Examples;
Snowspeeder / Blue Squadron X-wing Pilot glove comlink greeblie

Commpad Rebel by mattnelson521 on Shapeways

Snowspeeder / Rogue One Blue Squadron Glove Comm

Star Wars Props

STAR WARS X WING PILOT HOTH COMM LINK GLOVE COSTUME PROP ACCESSORY | eBay

Star Wars Glove Comm Link Hoth Gauntlet Snow speeder Glove Replica prop Display piece - Star Wars - Movie memorabilia - Vintage - Retro

Last edited:
They're all over the inside of the snowspeeders too. I've always wanted to know what this part was, whether it was vacuuformed over something or an actual piece sewn on

Looking for this comm myself currently. Anyone have any luck? I've found a few on Etsy but the ones that are sold without the gloves don't seem very accurate.

lonepigeon IDed the grill as an Archer or other vintage copper breadboard. Maybe stripboard
He did? :O

I sculpt my own interpretation of the ESB communicator and sold casts of it back in 2010-11, but gave my mould away. The new caster used stripboard, and I thought its holes were too coarsely spaced.

One detail I reconsidered afterwards, is that I now believe the five "teeth" are clear plastic on the real prop, and could possibly be the same clear part that is on the AT-AT driver's wrist com pad.

Of the links above, I think the one on Thingiverse looks the most accurate.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back