Han Solo Holster patter help

mmilan

I'm looking for a han solo holster pattern. Something I could resize and print out would be perfect. I'd like to make one for myself but also for my seven year old. I've looked around but can't really find any good patterns. I'm not really picky about which episode it is from but would like to get them done for the ep. 7 premiere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

mmilan,

Unfortunately your options for a Han Solo holster pattern are slim to none. I know this because I went looking for the same thing when I wanted to make my holster. So the bad news is that you're not likely to find one.

The good news is that the lack of a 100% screen accurate pattern motivated me to make my own.

http://www.therpf.com/f79/han-solo-holster-screen-accurate-pattern-232226/

The not so great news is that I have had some family issues that have pushed the project back a bit. My girlfriend is trying to stay in Canada and so we are concentrating on getting her visa, and we just found out she may have lymphoma. So, most projects/work have taken a sideline for a bit.

I am well aware however that people are hoping to get holsters made for the premiere, so I am doing everything I can to release it in time. I may end up releasing what I have so far just so people can get started, but I'm going to tackle it this week and make a final decision.

thanks for the reply. I've followed your thread but can see you're not finished it yet. Not sure if there is anything I could do to help. I've been getting into leather work lately and this would be such a great project for me. I'm also a welder by trade and have access a fair amount of equipment so i might be able to help with the buckle if you want to stay away from JB weld (although I love that stuff). Sorry to hear about your GF. Hope she can stay here in Canada.

Thanks for the offer to help and such.

Honestly, the pattern is basically ready. There are only a few odds and ends that need finishing and then I need to put the entire thing into a format that is workable for everyone. When I designed it initially, I just created the pattern on pages as large as I needed to work. Now, I need to figure out how to place them on 8.5" x 11" pages so people can actually print them. The issue with that is that many of the parts are longer than those dimensions, so I need too very carefully place them so they will print properly.

I know for me, nothing would make me more mad than having what is supposed to be a nice, straight belt with a kink in it because I didn't put the pattern together correctly. I then just need to put it all together in a way that is logical so people can tell which version is which with any information that will help cut down on confusion.

So, that is where it is at. The only...only thing I can think of is that I ordered all the parts to make a DL-44, but as of yet they haven't arrived. I was hoping to use that to determine whether my holster pattern was the proper size to hold the blaster. I have tested it with my Denix, but because I don't have a scope, hider, greeblies, etc. on it, I'm concerned it might be a bit shallow.

This week is the week. I've taken myself off any work projects and am dedicating myself to nothing but this (and Marine Search and Rescue) so I'll know by Friday what I'm going to do with the pattern.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back