Han Solo Holster For Less

ThirdDegreeBern

Hey guys,

I've been doing some research and will shortly begin construction of a Han solo A New Hope costume.

I am currently looking for a decent holster. I have seen a lot of you guys have the one from MP Productions. And many started with the holster from Costume Base. I do not want to start there but i cant afford to purchase the MP holster.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a less expensive holster?

I also am considering taking the project on my self, and would need the metal components so help on those would be welcome as well.

270€ (310$) of supply (leather, tools, metal parts, etc...) for mine.

To be cheaper, you can buy a Jedi-Robe or costume base holster and replace all the "faux-leather" parts with a good quality leather. I think it's possible to be under 200$ like this.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there,

Seems like Johnnypen made his own too http://www.therpf.com/f79/han-solo-anh-231525/ perhaps he can tell you how he made his cheaper alternative? I can only assist you with one vintage Mk II SODA Charger.

Chaim

I may be interested about the vintage Mk II SODA Charger

I have Todd's and it's pretty dang good. No pics other than what's on their site, but it fits my MGC based blaster, and my live fire ANH... and my ESB all perfectly. The ONLY gripe is the metal for the kobold clip is not spring steel and is soft. Otherwise awesome

I have heard a lot of good things about his holster. I own a few Indiana Jones pieces from him and I love them. I will definitely look into that. has anyone on here made one and would have patterns to share should i decide to build it myself. I have been doing leather work for some time now so I already have all the tools that would be needed

Thanks,
Bernie

I have heard a lot of good things about his holster. I own a few Indiana Jones pieces from him and I love them. I will definitely look into that. has anyone on here made one and would have patterns to share should i decide to build it myself. I have been doing leather work for some time now so I already have all the tools that would be needed

Thanks,
Bernie

There was a thread earlier today where someone is making the holster pattern. The pocket patterns are available on the rebel legion board and the belt can be made with a 2in belt black. If you have the experience, why not make one! The only tricky bit may be the metal parts.

I also have Todd's holster and it is very good for the price. MP Filmcraft's may be better but double the price.

Mike

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back