Han Solo DL-44 Lightsaber Concept

nniebling

Awhile back a drew up a concept for a Han lightsaber using the DL-44 as inspiration. I came across it while looking through my sketchbook and decided it was time to make it a reality. Started modeling and updating the design as I went. The I started printing all the parts. I made it modular to for easy of printing and painting. 11 printed parts and 3 screws. Still need to prep and paint it but pretty happy how it’s coming along. Long term goals will be making real wood grips and giving it a blade. Would love to hear any thoughts and critiques.

383C9C5D-E427-4445-9AEE-ED417D768A31.jpeg

762C6F87-1EEB-4B08-83C7-B2489F1C2FFE.jpeg

75224252-FDBC-4925-A583-CA7749646136.jpeg

B9202049-0C7A-4308-96E4-7DEFD24900DA.jpeg

FBDC92C4-966F-49C3-863E-DFF82D3FB3E1.jpeg

Eruonen

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Love the design! Especially how you incorporated details and greeblies. Can’t wait to see the progress!

The 48th Ronin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I gotta admit, I was pretty skeptical when I read the thread title.

But I'll be damned... that's actually quite cool! I love the hammer and safety greeblies in particular.

Well done! (y)

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is a lovely concept! Someone did do this in the custom lightsaber section, so technically there are two of you, but man... nobody does this its so unique!

nniebling

Thanks for the kind words. Know others are liking it encourages me to finish it. Hopefully I‘ll be able to get most of the prep/sanding work done weekend. Might be a slow go with the temps topping out around 9 this week

TerranCmdr I have been looking into making them available just now sure how or where yet. In the mean time I have been refining the model. A few of my tolerances were a bit tight. I’ll keep you updated

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.