Han Solo DL-44 ANH and ESB builds

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MrGzilla

Here's my Han Solo ANH blaster! I started with an all steel airsoft mauser, and got the scope parts from a member here. The parts I got included both a resin scope cast from an original scope, and also a copper and metal scope he had made. The scope didn't have lenses in so I made them to go in it. The scope mount is resin and has real bolts to hold it onto the gun, but I want it to be able to actually fire, so I cut down the bolts so I can glue the mount down to the gun. I've painted everything except for the gun itself which I've got to repaint with semigloss black like the rest of the parts. the flash suppressor i got from evolution props a few weeks ago and got a shipping number a few days ago so that should be in soon! heres where im at now!
heres the parts as i got them, they are truly awesome!

sorry for the blurry pics, by phone has a scrath on the camera lense :/

This my ESB version and is all made of resin from molds that I got off of eBay a while back. The mold for the scope mount is great, as is the detail piece that will go on the side of the gun. The gun itself has a few flaws in the mold which result in flaws in the casting, so there's a bit to clean up on it. And the mold for the scope is in pretty bad shape, the white one in the pictures is one straight out of the mold so you can see all the imperfections and the other one is one I've done some work too. the scope still has a long way to go and I might end up scratch building a new one.

please tell me what you think and any advice you might have! thanks for looking!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MrGzilla

i decided to make a scope from scrath for the ESB version using this tutorial: http://www.tk560.com/jegner/M19-scope-tutorial.pdf

and heres how it turned out!

i had to improvise a bit with some of the parts but i think it came out pretty good for my first scrath build! ill be adding the lenses tomorrow once the paint is completely dry. also, the paint is still wet in these pics so its a little bit shinnier than itll be. i used a semigloss black.

MrGzilla

heres some better pics of the almost completed scope:

all thats left is to print the scope reticle and put that in behind a bubble lense behind the main lense like my ANH scope.

please tell me what you think!

weno

hey i have the REAL model car piston parts if you need a set i have about 8 sets i am lookin for 20 shipped anywhere.. i can send you pics... they are grey and need paint...these are the exact ones used in the movie as soon as i have access to post in the junkyard thats where they will be

MrGzilla

hey i have the REAL model car piston parts if you need a set i have about 8 sets i am lookin for 20 shipped anywhere.. i can send you pics... they are grey and need paint...these are the exact ones used in the movie as soon as i have access to post in the junkyard thats where they will be
For which gun? The ESB or ANH? if its for the ANH version I might be interested.
Can you send be a pic?

MrGzilla

i have a total of 8 and once they are gone they are gone!
Thanks for the offer, but I've got the mold to make as much of them as I need, and since the rest of the ESB gun is either resin or scratch built, I can't really justify paying for accurate parts for a not so accurate blaster.
Thanks for the offer though!

weno

Thanks for the offer, but I've got the mold to make as much of them as I need, and since the rest of the ESB gun is either resin or scratch built, I can't really justify paying for accurate parts for a not so accurate blaster.
Thanks for the offer though!
thats cool no prob its in junkyard and a few are gone already... thanks tho

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
this is so cool! Awesome job! loved the scope you made from scratch, glad to see an airsoft can be turned into a decent blaster

As for what I think? I think it looks just as good if not better than the floor effects people for the movie. I'm even more impressed that you're scratch building and using your creative eye. nice work.

MrGzilla

heres an update! i went to a gun show yesterday and found a cheep metal mauser airsoft gun, it isnt nearly as nice as my first, but it was a fraction of the price so i wentt ahead and got it. ill probably use it for another esb gun.

the grips were pretty crappy so i did a black wash on them and it made a huge difference:

i also got my first metal mauser painted and the scope mounted on to it last week

and also got my esb painted and put together. all thats left is the flash hider, some screw heads, and the flip up sight

and heres a pic of them all