Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD! for sale at CV!

re: Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD!

Here's a question for you guys... Would it be considered bad form if I were to make myself a coffee table in this exact style? I love the legs and everything but if copying the design is considered "stealing" then I'll figure another way to do it. I don't know how that falls under replicating someone elses art. :)

re: Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD!

I'd say it depends on how close yours comes to the original. I think taking inspiration from something (like the way they took inspiration from the carbonite freezing chamber itself) is fine.

The easiest way to make sure no one feels bad about it is to contact the maker and see how they feel about it.

Re: Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD!

Imagine if IKEA teamed up with Lucas Licensing to produce some star wars furniture....this is what it would be like!!

Last edited:
This was also featured on G4tv and they basically said it was the coolest desk ever made.

I would have to agree with them!

Good to know that long after you sold this it is still making people ooh and ahh. Not to mention will now be making money for charity!

Win win Tom!

PS, haven't seen anything from you guys in a while! What piece of movie history are you saving lately? :) would love to see an update thread of any and everything you all have been up to! :)

This was also featured on G4tv and they basically said it was the coolest desk ever made.

I would have to agree with them!

Good to know that long after you sold this it is still making people ooh and ahh. Not to mention will now be making money for charity!

Win win Tom!

PS, haven't seen anything from you guys in a while! What piece of movie history are you saving lately? :) would love to see an update thread of any and everything you all have been up to! :)

Thanks Ken! Here's hoping it raises a good amount of $ for their charity.

As for us... busier than ever! Hit the site or "fan" the facebook or twitter page and you'll get updates as we put stuff on the web (and sneak peeks when we can do em!)

At the moment, we're a little behind on web updates since we just completed a site revamp. Prop-wise, we've just wrapped a great movie costume display from one of my favorite films (more on that one very soon!) and are about to wrap up a major costume restoration/display project from the 70's Land of the Lost show. We've also got a pair of restorations, a Marshmallow Man head display, a SERIOUSLY iconic movie wardrobe display, a licensed character sculpture for a collectibles company and a foam prop for a theme park all in the works.

Whew... tired just reading that! Back to work! :)

(BTW, love the avatar Ken! LOL)

Tom

Thank you for the kind words!

As for the desk... CV was a blast and Mark raised thousands for Worldvision.org by selling his collection. Due to the level of interest from people who couldn't attend, Mark decided to keep the bidding open on the desk after the show. I believe his plan is to create a charity ebay sale that will go up in the next week or so. I'll be sure to post an update here when I find out more info.

best,
Tom

Re: Han Solo Carbonite FURNITURE - a custom desk from TSD!

Tom & Richard, that is so frakking cool. :eek

And practical too--the sculpture is a great built-in incentive to keep your desk clutter-free. :lol

The Wook

agreed!, that puppy would be kept clear of clutter!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back