Han Solo Blaster

Dragontomb

Hello I've decided to create a han solo blaster, or I guess some call it the Greedo killer. I've bought a few parts from Fakebritishaccent and I purchased a toy blaster from e-bay. I initially was going to use a real Mauser or a replica (or even an airsoft gun), but unfortunately due to strict Canadian gun laws and regulations Canadians are prohibitied from purchasing one. So I guess the closest thing I can use is a toy blaster with as accurate parts as possible. My first step will be removing the plastic handle for my wooden broom handle.

Ryan.

My mistake, the han solo blaster I'm trying to create is the Hero DL-44 blaster, not the greedo killer. I was wondering what kit part made up the 2 antenna placed on the T bar for the sights (one could make it out of green stuff and brass rod I suppose)?

Just a heads up - I know in Ontario there are a few places that deal in airsoft pistols that do carry the metal C96s online. That said, I'll be very interested to see what you make out of the Rubies DL44 - the Mauser part looks accurate, but you're going to have to do some reconstruction to deal with where the scope is molded to the pistol. They do paint up nice though. Good luck!

im offering resin mousers and parts for Han solo guns if you'd like one, and since its just a solid block of resin i don't there'd be any problem shipping it. if your interested just let me know, it'd probably be a better base than the plastic one.

either way, good luck!

only one of them is smaller, ive got a high quality steel mauser airsoft and its actual size. so it just depends on which one you get.

If haven't found a problem with the size on my el-cheapo airsoft mauser. The bigger issue is that most of them aren't actually C96s - they're later models with some slightly differnt machinig on the bodies.

MrG, are you offering GK as well as hero parts?

If haven't found a problem with the size on my el-cheapo airsoft mauser. The bigger issue is that most of them aren't actually C96s - they're later models with some slightly differnt machinig on the bodies.

MrG, are you offering GK as well as hero parts?

ive also got a cheep metal airsoft and its the right size as well, but ive seen a plastic one that is much smaller.

and no, just the esb parts, and the mauser itself

Thanks for the offer MrGzilla, I'm going to use the plastic toy gun for the base. This weekend, I'm going to start cutting it / filling it in. I may order a resin one later if I cannot reshape it properly.
Ryan.

Han Solo Blaster hacking

Hello here is an update on my blaster reconstruction. I've hacked off a few sections of the blaster so I can place my more accurate parts to the toy. The sides around the broom handles will require some epoxy putty buildup once they are glued into place. Since the plastic is so light, I'm going to glue some scrap steel to compensate for the weight. Anyways I'm off to hack more of the blaster.

Han Solo Blaster progress and rear sights question

Hello, the first 2 pictures show the progress since my last posting. I've added some fill inside the hollow plastic blaster. The gun feels too light so I added some more weight. I used scrap steel and wood for the inside. In addition, I've successfully taken off the toy scope mount off of the blaster. I've glued on other styrene pieces that I will fill gaps with apoxy putty.

I was trying to figure out how to create the top appearance of the mauser. Does anyone know how I could recreate those etched numbers for the rear sights? In addition, what is the length of a number found on the rear sights? I'm pretty sure I can replicate the other details, just trying to figure out what to use for the numbers.

Last edited:
If I had any confidence to make a mold of my real C96 I'd offer resin casts shipped within Canada...

The numbers are just under 3mm tall on mine, closer to 2mm with the 800 & 1000.

I got lucky and got a Denix Mauser through Canada customs. It was part of a lousy Han Solo kit. I just took a chance because the price was right, and lucky enough, it made it through.

Orange_Blend, if you made resin casts you'd be surprised how many people might be interested in purchasing.

For the rear site though it's not illegal to import. You could always buy one on ebay or some other site.

Not illegal, but good luck getting a US seller to export the parts. I was trying to buy a sterling grip (just the plastic grip) from Numrich last year and 1)They wouldn't export to Canada and 2)They would ship to a US address with a Canadian credit card:angry A stinking plastic grip....based on that I wouldn't be too hopeful on getting boosters or anything else shipped across the border.

Not illegal, but good luck getting a US seller to export the parts. I was trying to buy a sterling grip (just the plastic grip) from Numrich last year and 1)They wouldn't export to Canada and 2)They would ship to a US address with a Canadian credit card:angry A stinking plastic grip....based on that I wouldn't be too hopeful on getting boosters or anything else shipped across the border.

ive shipped full resin han solo blasters overseas before with no problem, so i dont get why people wouldn't ship a grip or other parts..

Re: Han Solo Blaster progress and rear sights question

Does anyone know how I could recreate those etched numbers for the rear sights?

Ever seen one of those tire pressure gages, with the thingee that slides out to indicate the pressure, with numbers stamped into it? While it won't be accurate, it could "look" about right.

By the way, your project has inspired me to build my own blaster. That and the fact that I found one at a thrift shop for under $2. Unfortunately the flash hider and adjustment knob on the scope were broken off. I've currently got it stripped down and am in the process of patching all the holes. I'll be building all the "add ons" from scratch rather than any resin or replica parts.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back