Han Solo Blaster

*Not a legal opinion*

As far as I'm aware...you can order the denix/metal mausers...they're considered 'antique guns' and aren't subject to the same restrictions:

Antique Firearms - Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Ive never had a problem with the mausers coming into Canada

I did get one off ebay, it made it through. Trouble is most Stateside will not ship north:( you have any sources that do? I gave mine to my Nephew on his birthday.

found this:)
http://www.collectorssource.com/deactivated-firearms/bolo-mauser-7-63-prohibited.html

Last edited:
ive shipped full resin han solo blasters overseas before with no problem, so i dont get why people wouldn't ship a grip or other parts..

The operative part of what you said being 'people'. I'm sure individuals would have no trouble, but I was trying to get some stuff from Numrich Gun Parts. As a corporate entity they've apaprently got more issues with it - again, not illegal, but I guess too many shipping and fraud problems.

Han Solo Blaster update

Hello I haven't had much time lately it seems to work on my hobby, but here is another update of my han solo blaster. I've glued the broom handles to the toy gun base and filled it in with epoxy sculpt. I've also filled out other areas with apoxy. I just received in the mail the rear sights from MrGzilla. I'll have to build up the details around the front and rear sights with styrene and apoxy sculpt. I've also been searching for suitable knurled nuts to no avail. I bought some from e-bay that are too large (!.25" outer diameter). I need to find ones between 0.5" to 0.75" outer diameter.

Ryan.

Hello here is another update to my han solo blaster. I spent quite a bit of time reconstructing the region around the sights. I realize it is not exactly the same as what one would find on a mauser or denix. It was quite difficult creating an exact replica using a toy gun.

I tried to create the antennas by sculpting them out of green stuff (kneadite, epoxy sculpt) and a piece of wire. Tomorrow I will attempt to scribe two vertical lines along each of my scratch built antennas.

I have to sand more around the broom handle region (tonight I built up uneven areas with apoxy sculpt). I've also ordered 2 new knurled check nuts (17/32" outer diameter). I need to cut some clear styrene for the ocular effect of the scope. I need to look over more photos and see if I'm missing any other details.

Ryan.

Han Solo Blaster primed

Hello I spent quite a bit of time adding more apoxy resin and sanding. I also added a couple of layers of primer then proceeded with a layer of matte protective finish. Next I will add a layer of flat black paint and sand various areas to give the appearance of wear / weathering on the blaster. I'm still waiting on receiving 2 knurled check nuts. I need to re glue the small knurled check nut located near the front end of the blaster. Hope fully the 2 knurled check nuts I ordered arrive soon.

Cheers,
Ryan.

Excellent looking job so far.
Not bad for a hasbro build up.
Who'd you buy the resin scope from? Just out of curiosity.
:thumbsup

I bought the resin scope from Fakebritishaccent whom bought it from Corellian Exports. The most difficult detail in my search was the larger knurled check nuts.

Ryan.

Han Solo Blaster base painted, weathering question

Hello, my knurled check nuts finally arrived in the mail. I've glued them to the scope mount. I've also painted flat black over the whole surface of the blaster and a dark brown for the broom handle grip. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how I could weather this blaster? One idea i was going to try was sanding a bit of the black down on various raised areas to the grey paint layer.

Thanks Ryan.

i believe you'll also wanna paint black stripe in middle of brown handle as the entire grip is not brown, only wood parts -- middle is metal from gun frame.

forgot to mention - VERY sweet project -- I also painted this toy -- did not do all the surgery on it like you did, but even painting it up improves it a ton -- your mods are excellent.

Hello I painted the screws and the end of the scope (and black washes for weathering appearance). I used silver dry brushing for the weathering effects on worn areas of the blaster. I'm quite pleased with how this project turned out. I'm hoping to make a leather holster for the blaster later on (my wife is going to help me out with this part).

Now I'm waiting for my inner / outer styrene domes for my 1:1 R2D2 project (hard to wait, all I can do now is planning).

Anyways thanks for looking,
Ryan.

Enjoying this build. The Greedo Killer is one of my fantacy props. I hope to build my own one day. Thanks for letting us watch.

B

I'm starting this project, and really don't know where to start! Do I buy the Denix Mauser replica and bolt it up, or do I do something else? And also does anyone know which parts specifically used that I could acquire?!
HELLP MEE

Hello There!!! I was and still probably are in your shoes as we speak. You have a lot of options but first since you are new here you might want to use the search engine to find articles on creating the Han Solo Blaster. You can start at any level. The lowest to my mind is going on ebay and buying one of those plastic spring Airsoft Mauser duplicates (anywhere between $10 to $25). You can try to build parts yourself or go to places like Shapeways ( www.shapeways.com online store that sells 3D Printed stuff including Blaster Parts) to get some to my mind rather AWESOME parts. Note you can get complete conversion kits from them or just singular parts (grill, flash hider scopes and etc.) The next step up from the plastic airsoft is of course either the Denix or one of the Metal Gas Powered Airsoft Guns. To those I would either go Shapeways again or use "metal" parts that you will find references to here on the rpf; Dark Energy Creations comes to mind. The choice and the depth of where you want to go is up to you. I currently have a Denix, A metal Spring powered not gas Airsoft of the right size (some are not so read the description (it needs to be 11.5 to 12 inches long by the way)) and 3 or the plastic spring ones. Also of course a few plastic ziplock bags worth of parts for both the ANH and ESB versions of the blaster. Right now I'm building a ANH Flash Hider out of a craft glue stick and a car shop funnel and its been a journey. So I hope this helps and Good Luck!!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back