Han Solo Blaster *TOY CONVERSION

Nm1cciola

I recently purchased This Mauser Toy Gun and am now am thinking that while it if a fun nerf style gun, What would push this over the edge for me at least would be to mod it into a Han Solo Type blaster. I have searched the past two days trying to find to see if anyone has modded this particular toy gun and I have been unsuccessful. All I have seen is people modding the the airsoft version. If anyone who is reading this has modded this particular version of the Mauser to look closer to three versions seen in the movies than I would be appreciative for guidance and help. Also if anyone knows which add on parts would fit this particular make of the mauser would greatly appreciative as well,

Darth Lars

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Like most toy Mausers, that looks like it is based on the M712 / Schnellfeuer and not the same "wartime" C96 (or MGC's replica of the wartime C96) that the old movies' blasters were based on. The The Force Awakens blaster was based on the M712 though, but made up with side-plates and other embellishments to look more like the ANH version ... except that there are of course still differences.

I would measure it and compare against the dimension of a real Mauser .. Then look at other people's TFA builds and see if someone has offered a conversion kit with side-plates that would fit.
I don't have M712 measurements, but I can't think that the measurements from the C96 would be much different. The picture below had been posted somewhere in the huge ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion thread.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kal Argos

Outrageous!!! I am doing the exact same thing. And I think I can point you in the right direction and may be able to help a little bit more in the future.

While I could 3D print the whole thing, I don't have the kind of time to print all the pieces and sand and paint and etc... so after a couple fails on buying 1/2 scale mausers on Amazon I found that similar gun too.

I was able to find files on Thingverse with a really nice tutorial on how to mod this toygun to a C96 mauser base. Here is the link:

I was able to print 2 little files before my monoprice mini heat plate died... and they came out okay.. my printer was going bad as it was printing so while they aren't perfect I bet my printer messed them up a little. But I printed the clip and it was a bit to thick for my gun... so I'll be creating a file to fit my gun. I'd like to put like a battery or something that lights an LEDs so it looks full or empty... or just cool.. but not sure yet.

I'm building a Luke ESB gun... so I have to also create a flash hider that is more accurate then what I've seen on Thingverse... that and the toy gun has a thicker barrel so I have to adjust for that.

There are several very good files for a great Han Solo ANH DL-44 ... Im sure you can make those work.

I'm in limbo til I can fix my heat plate... and since its a major fix I'll be rewiring my Mini to prevent it again.

Anyways.. I hope that's helpful and points you in the right direction. Good luck to you sir and keep us up to date. If I can I'll try to help as time allows.

Kal Argos

Like most toy Mausers, that looks like it is based on the M712 / Schnellfeuer and not the same "wartime" C96 that the old movies' blasters were based on. The The Force Awakens blaster was based on the M712 though, but made up with side-plates and other embellishments to look more like the ANH version ... except that there are of course differences.

I would measure it and compare against the dimension of a real Mauser .. Then look at other people's TFA builds and see if someone has offered a conversion kit with side-plates that would fit.
It is essentially the same size. Its nearly identical to my MR LUke ESB blaster. It is slightly wider than it should be but its to allow for the dart bullets... so the barrel is bigger and overall slightly wider... but it fits in my holster really well.. now that doesn't include any add-ons like the scope mount but I'm pretty confident that eyeballing the details it'll fit.

Oh and thingverse also has 3D printiable scope details or a regular file for scope detail stickers...

EDIT: updated for clarity.

Kal Argos

And i found a couple more pics of the toy gun. So others can see it.

There are a couple on amazon the look all black(cut down on painting?) with an orange cap, but i cant tell if they are really 1:1. A lot say they are but they really arent.

I hope im not hijacking the thread... apologies if I am...

Attachments

Nm1cciola

Like most toy Mausers, that looks like it is based on the M712 / Schnellfeuer and not the same "wartime" C96 (or MGC's replica of the wartime C96) that the old movies' blasters were based on. The The Force Awakens blaster was based on the M712 though, but made up with side-plates and other embellishments to look more like the ANH version ... except that there are of course still differences.

I don't have M712 measurements, but I can't think that the measurements from the C96 would be much different. The picture below had been posted somewhere in the huge ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion thread.
Thank you this was helpful was thinking of getting this parts kit and I think it might work. I was aware after some research that this partuclaur toy was based on the M712. Specifically my "mission statement" for lack of a better term is for this conversion to be similar or close as if it was in the same family of blasters. Was looking at this conversion 3d printed kit and still learning from my own printers idk if i'll tackle doing an accurate version just yet.

Nm1cciola

Outrageous!!! I am doing the exact same thing. And I think I can point you in the right direction and may be able to help a little bit more in the future.

While I could 3D print the whole thing, I don't have the kind of time to print all the pieces and sand and paint and etc... so after a couple fails on buying 1/2 scale mausers on Amazon I found that similar gun too.

I was able to find files on Thingverse with a really nice tutorial on how to mod this toygun to a C96 mauser base. Here is the link:

I was able to print 2 little files before my monoprice mini heat plate died... and they came out okay.. my printer was going bad as it was printing so while they aren't perfect I bet my printer messed them up a little. But I printed the clip and it was a bit to thick for my gun... so I'll be creating a file to fit my gun. I'd like to put like a battery or something that lights an LEDs so it looks full or empty... or just cool.. but not sure yet.

I'm building a Luke ESB gun... so I have to also create a flash hider that is more accurate then what I've seen on Thingverse... that and the toy gun has a thicker barrel so I have to adjust for that.

There are several very good files for a great Han Solo ANH DL-44 ... Im sure you can make those work.

I'm in limbo til I can fix my heat plate... and since its a major fix I'll be rewiring my Mini to prevent it again.

Anyways.. I hope that's helpful and points you in the right direction. Good luck to you sir and keep us up to date. If I can I'll try to help as time allows.
I'm glad that we were unconsciously on the same path with this idea I was looking at that conversion kits well on thingverse and TBH as I have said in my previous post my "mission statement" for this conversion to be similar or close as if it was in the same family of blasters. Was looking at this conversion 3d printed kit and still learning from my own printers idk if i'll tackle doing an accurate version just yet.

Nm1cciola

And i found a couple more pics of the toy gun. So others can see it.

There are a couple on amazon the look all black(cut down on painting?) with an orange cap, but i cant tell if they are really 1:1. A lot say they are but they really arent.

I hope im not hijacking the thread... apologies if I am...
BTW your not hijacking the thread Don't worry about it I would be fine if this thread gives others the ideas or process to turn this particular toy into a proper DL44

Kal Argos

I guess based on that picture that these DL44 parts would work
Cool! Thanks, I'm glad I'm not stepping on toes.

Id be very careful with that Etsy kit. The mauser looks like the one i got from Amazon that said it was 1:1... it was at best 50% size. Id ask the seller to provide a scale reference to prove its 1:1.

The Amazon one I got even said 1:1 on the box... not sure how they got way with that.

Kal Argos

So I've printed the item from the thingverse files I posted early. They came out pretty good. The magazine clip is still a bit too large... so I created a another one. I've also started surgery on the toy gun too.

Here are the prints from thingverse:

DL44 LEFT SIDE 2.png
DL44 LEFT SIDE.png
DL44 RIGHT SIDE.png

I created a magazine and printed one.. to fit bullets and allow for the firing mechanism. I made in in two pieces so I could print a nice bottom and it came out pretty good. It does fire a bullet. I have to shoot it upsided down as I don't have the spring mechanism in it yet. Here is what the clip I made looks like:

DL44 MAG BITS.png
DL44 MAG INSIDE 2.png
DL44 MAG v4.png