Han Solo Belt - Second attempt

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by IMFletcher, Mar 27, 2012.

1. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Member

Made a better version of the Han Solo belt based on mistakes with the first one...

[​IMG]

2. madmax

madmax Sr Member

Nice ,looks like my mpp one

3. Havok69

Havok69 Well-Known Member

I just finished one of my own, and am getting ready to submit my application for Rebel Legion membership. Here's a little constructive criticism from someone who researched this probably too much:

• You need another set of snaps in the back, ideally spaced about twice the distance the first two are spaced.
    • You're missing the circular disc on the pouches side
    • Your CO2 canister loop looks too large
    • The relay tools pouches have too large of a cutout in the center
    • The last rectangular pouch looks too large
    • You need some more spacing in between all the pouches
    • You cut off too much on the holster, but I understand that may be because of the blaster you are using (maybe one of the toy ones?)
    • Missing the grooves on the belt and holster mount part (since this is a ANH config)

Hopefully I didn't come off as too harsh, as it still looks great! Plus you made it yourself, which gives you extra points instead of just buying something. Keep up the good work...

:thumbsup

4. VinceRaptor

VinceRaptor Member

How would I go about building one of these? You did a magnificent job on it.

5. Havok69

Havok69 Well-Known Member

Everything you need to know is here: Rebel Legion - Fringe

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  6. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Member

Havok,

I totally appreciate honesty! My disc from Elvis hadn't arrived when I took this pick. I noticed in some recent pics that the slot in the pouch is too big but with the last pouch I don't have dimensions. I guessed on the size. If anyone has the pouch dimensions I would love it. I left the stitch groove off because this belt has interchangeable buckles for all three configurations and so I left it off. That's also why I don't have the third snaps on the back. On my next set of buckles I am hopefully going to fix it.

7. IMFletcher

IMFletcher Member

P.S. I am in the market for a good replica DL44 since the one I use is a homemade prop (hence the short holster I guess)