Han Solo ANH

Johnnypen

Hi,
This is my very first post on the RPF forum and I want to share with you the costume I'm the most proud of.
I've made almost every piece myself on this costume.

Jacket :
DSCN2762ret.jpgDSCN2766.JPG

DSCN2776.JPGDSCN2777.JPGDSCN2778.JPGDSCN2780.JPG

DSCN2886.JPGDSCN2889ret.jpgDSCN2902ret.jpgDSCN2903.JPG

Pants :
DSCN3025.JPGDSCN3049ret.jpgDSCN3051ret.jpgDSCN3054ret.jpg

DSCN3399.JPGDSCN3402.JPGDSCN3400.JPG

Shirt :
DSCN3413.JPGDSCN3416.JPG

Belt + holster :
DSCN3001.JPGDSCN3008ret.jpgDSCN3009ret.jpgDSCN3338.JPG

DSCN3341.JPG

Hi Johnnypen ... welcome, that is quite an accomplishment to do your own stitching on those soft parts ... and it sure fits like a glove ... excellent handsome Solo ... as well as your Indy and Lucky Luke ;)

Chaim

Hey! This looks absolutely great!

I am in the middle of my Han build. Hope it comes out half this well. It looks like you used denim for the pants? Seems to be something that is usually overlooked on Han! The doopy blaster looks great as well. I did a greedo killer as a dry run before my Hero.

What did you end up doing for boots?

Hey! This looks absolutely great!

I am in the middle of my Han build. Hope it comes out half this well. It looks like you used denim for the pants? Seems to be something that is usually overlooked on Han! The doopy blaster looks great as well. I did a greedo killer as a dry run before my Hero.

What did you end up doing for boots?

I can't wait to see your costume ! You doing a ANH version ?

Yes, I used denim for the pants. We can see on the HD pictures of the costume that's what they apparently used on the film

I'm sorry but english aren't my mother tongue, and I'm not sure to really understand your question about the boots... You want to know where they come from ?

I can't wait to see your costume ! You doing a ANH version ?

Yes, I used denim for the pants. We can see on the HD pictures of the costume that's what they apparently used on the film

I'm sorry but english aren't my mother tongue, and I'm not sure to really understand your question about the boots... You want to know where they come from ?

A lot of people I have seen overlook the denim with their pants. Great to see someone else using denim. I was just wondering where you purchased your boots. They are hard to come by where I am.

How about your holster? I intend to make mine. Any chance for a post with pics and a write up? It would be greatly appreciated!

A lot of people I have seen overlook the denim with their pants. Great to see someone else using denim. I was just wondering where you purchased your boots. They are hard to come by where I am.

How about your holster? I intend to make mine. Any chance for a post with pics and a write up? It would be greatly appreciated!

I wanted to be the more screen accurate possible with this costume (like with my others indeed), that's why I've made a lot of research before and why I used denim.
My boots are motorcycle/horse-riding Gendarmerie boots (Gendarmerie is a French military corps in charge of Police missions). It's not hard to find here in France.

The holster is not very difficult to make, just very long.
You have a lot of pictures on my facebook page in this album : https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.532975280119424.1073741860.470906412992978&type=3
I've bought a Jedi-Robe Han Solo holster that I used for pattern and recreate it in good quality leather with some modifications to be accurate with the one in the movie.
The metal parts are from MP filmcraft. The ones from the Jedi-robe holster are good enought to be used but I prefer the MP filmcraft ones.

(Sorry for my English ^^ )

PM send. Your English is just fine, sir ... by the way did you handstitch all those red bloodstripes on that denim strip? And how did you manage to get that strip sewn almost invisible onto the pants?

Chaim

I embroidered the red bloodstripes one by one on a band of denim (73 on ich side if I remembered correctly !).
After that I just sew them on the pants

I embroidered the red bloodstripes one by one on a band of denim (73 on ich side if I remembered correctly !).
After that I just sew them on the pants

WOW! hand embroidering the stripes is something I am considering. Yours look great! Do you think it is worth the time invested? Also, your english is great!

WOW! hand embroidering the stripes is something I am considering. Yours look great! Do you think it is worth the time invested? Also, your english is great!
I used a sewing machine, it's not hand embroidering ^^.

I considered a lot of possibilities before choosing embroidering (iron hot bands, pieces of red fabric sewn...) The embroidering is what I chosen because it suited me best but all techniques are good.
The advantage with embroidering, from my point of view, is that it brings out the bloodstripes.

After 6 month of working and the validation from the Rebel Legion in only 3 days for this costume, I can tell that it is worth the time invested !

Thanks for my english, but when I have to used a lots of techniques words, I'm always afraid of making mistakes...

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back