Han Solo ANH Show Off Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Egon, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Egon

Egon Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

After over a year of work, Han Solo is almost done. I got to show it off a bit at Grantie State Comic Con 2015 this weekend. If anyone who was there and recognizes me, please give me some input!

There are still parts I would like to upgrade, but the parts are as follows:

Purchased:
    Trouser belt from Todd's costumes - weathered with 000 steel wool.
    Holster from Todd's costumes - weathered with various shoe polishes and 000 steel wool.
    Boots from Todd's costumes - Natural aging - calf size is small as others have noticed. I lasted 5 hours of walking and standing.
    Belt tools from Costumebase - pretty okay - but will definitely upgrade when I have time and funds.
    Droid Caller - Doopydoos. Actually disappointed in this casting based on his other kids I've bought.
    DL-44 - Doopydoos weathered with flat primer, enamel, acrylic, and rub n' buff. Upgrading to metal when DEC does another run.

Made by me:
    Shirt - This went through three generations...One by me, one commission, and this altered turtle neck. Will upgrade when sewing skills improve. I could have sized up on this shirt I think.
    Vest - Version 3 of the vest for the project and 2 by me. Based on my patterns I am working on in another thread. Still working out the kinks, but I think one big change needed is that the back loops are a bit large and all touch one another where they are stitched, Han's look more spread out. Also the bottom left pocket needs to be larger.

Other
    Pants - these were commissioned from a coworker. The blood stripes are ebay finds and are actually really terrific. Overall very happy with these, but the holster hardware needs to be worn in a bit because they are already starting to eat at the denim.

Need a good wig as I am very bald. Any suggestions?

I boosted the light a bit in the photos to show off some detail so the colors are not super accurate as to its true look. The shirt is a lot more creamy.

IMG_3071.JPG
    IMG_3072.JPG
    IMG_3075.JPG
    IMG_3079.JPG
    IMG_3076.JPG

Unfated likes this.
  2. ItalianNinja86

ItalianNinja86 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I found the benny from arda wigs when combed and parted does a fantastic job of Hans hair

http://arda-wigs.com/products/benny

Don't let the promo pic fool you its much better and more versatile in person

I used Spanished Brown for the color with my costume but dark brown would be a fine color also

costume looks great

3. halliwax

halliwax Legendary Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

wow it came out really good!!

4. Egon

Egon Well-Known Member

Thanks guys! It's been a long road and I still have a lot to do, but it's the first project I am proud of.

5. Egon

Egon Well-Known Member

update with some new photos from RICC. I updated my shirt, vest, and wig.

IMG_3477.JPG IMG_3485.JPG IMG_3486.JPG

HB1098S likes this.
  6. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

looks great! my blaster holster and boots are arriving today from Todd's Costumes, so these images are very reassuring. :thumbsup

7. joesolo1

joesolo1 New Member

looks fantastic!!

8. Egon

Egon Well-Known Member

Thank you guys!

Pulse - the holster is really great for the price. I do agree with the criticism that it's a better ESB holster than ANH because of the color, but if you just ordered I think Todd was having them dyed differently this time around. I think I will transition this holster to an ESB when I get my build for that finished.

I will hopefully (I desperately need a new laptop...I can barely run firefox right now) get the patterns for the vest up in that thread soon. I just can't run any design program right now.

9. aeonpulse

aeonpulse Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My holster arrived over the weekend, and holy crap, the quality is great, especially for the price. Todd definitely dyed them differently, the one I received was much more of a dark brown color, as opposed to the reddish color of the one you have. Unfortunately I misjudged what size I needed, belt was way too small for me, so I had to ship it back for an exchange. The people at Todd's were very helpful and quick to respond! :thumbsup

10. MagicMan666

MagicMan666 New Member

Hi Egon, is that wig the Benny from Arda wigs that ItalianNinga86 suggested? Looks great :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018